bad sound quality

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by sledhed, May 22, 2006.

1. sledhed

sledhed OSNN One Post Wonder

with my mp3 ringers i make with mpt the sound is really distorted and sounds like crap.. is there anyway to change that like is there a tool that turns down the bass or something.. i cant figure it out:mad:

2. GhostOfMerc

GhostOfMerc OSNN One Post Wonder

Could be the quality of the song you are using..did u download the selected song then go crop it in MPT?If so that could be the problem.I have a program called vegas5 made by sony that i use sometimes to tone down songs with,but since i got a good version of MPT i havent had a problem that much with my quality of song ringtones.If it sounds bad then i just delete it or try another portion of the song.

3. sledhed

sledhed OSNN One Post Wonder

well its not just one song its all of them.. thats why i was wondering if there was a setting in mpt or on my pc somewhere that i could change to make it so the bass wasnt up so high that it distorts the speaker

4. black_jesus32

black_jesus32 OSNN One Post Wonder

have the same exact problem. can anyone help?

5. The Ray

The Ray OSNN One Post Wonder

You guys are in luck! When editing down the mp3 in mpt, try saving it to your computer, THEN transferring it over to the phone, as opposed to saving it to the phone directly.

That seemed to clear up any distortion I was having. Don't know why it worked, but it did.

Did it work for you guys too?

6. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

Isn't this what everyone does so that they can name the ringtone??? if you dont do this, mpt will send to the phone with no real name.

7. johnny010

johnny010 OSNN One Post Wonder

No, my version of MPT allows you to name the song after you hit the transfer button. My songs play soflty, making them pretty much worthless since you have to hear the ringtone in order to answer the phone.