back ups?!?!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TR!GG3R, Jun 28, 2002.

1. TR!GG3R

TR!GG3R Guest

how and wot do i need to make a whole image or back up ov the way my sytem is now so if the worst should happen i can whack a few disks in walla im back to normal ??:confused: it needs to do like a complete system restore kinda thing like all progs and system files the lot including the partition cheerz :)

2. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

create a sys restore checkpoint????:confused:

3. jvjb1983

jvjb1983 Guest

get your hands on a copy of norton ghost 2002.

You'll need a blank floppy and few blank cd's depending on the swize of your harddrive.

4. Bob S

Bob S Guest

Use Norton Ghost. For XP be sure to use Norton Ghost 2002 or higher. Each partition will have to be done separately if they are considered different drives.

5. TR!GG3R

TR!GG3R Guest

can sum 1 tell me or show me how to get on with it coz i have norton sysworks 2002 with ghost on it but when i had a fiddle with it it only created a floppy boot disk :confused:

6. thewraith

thewraith Guest

Create a boot floppy and boot to it. Switch floppies with the one Norton created for you and run the ghost executable from floppy drive. The rest is menu driven and not too terribly complex.

Just make sure you have someplace to write your image. It will have to be formatted with a FAT partition so it can be seen when booting from a floppy. And it will have to be big enough to accomodate whatever size of data you have on your source drive.