Azureus Problems - Even with ports open getting not connectable

wachtourak

OSNN Addict
This has been really bugging me for some time. At my house we have ADSL shared with a router blah blah, have opened the ports for Bittorrent on our routers inbuilt firewall, however my torrents still sit on yellow and never go green, the weird thing is, my flatmates ones do. Neither of us are running any software firewall, we can't figure out why his ones go green and mine don't.

Any ideas?

Make sure you are using non-default BT ports, and that they aren't the same ports your flatmates are suing.

So I change the imcoming TCP listen port to something other than 6881 in the Azureus connection settings tab then?

If you go to the azureus website... they tell you that most ISPs have restricted the bandwidth on all the default ports for all p2p applications. They also recommend that you use a port starting 50000 or something like that.

You'll need to configure your firewall's port forwarding settings too.

Yep I was using ports in the 50000's anyway cos filelists tracker requires you to do so, its just my flatmate was using the same ports.

Thanks, it seems to have worked, at least 1 of my torrents has gone green so far anyway.

wachtourak said:
Yep I was using ports in the 50000's anyway cos filelists tracker requires you to do so, its just my flatmate was using the same ports.

Thanks, it seems to have worked, at least 1 of my torrents has gone green so far anyway.
Yeah you can't both use the same ports. :p Also some trackers might not like 2 connections from same IP if you guys are grabbing torrents from the same place.

smounche said:
HELP!!
MY Azureus WONT EVEN START!!
I RUN THE PROGRAM AND NOTHING HAPPEND,
I DID LIKE TOLD IN http://azureus.sourceforge.net/2300/updateinfo.php
THE PROGRAM JUST WONT OPEN!!
EVERYTHING STARTED WHEN ITRYED TO UPDATE MY PREVIOUS VERSION..
PLEASE HELP ME..
First up, turn off caps lock. It does you no favours.

Secondly, what exactly happens when you try and start Azureus? What platform are you on? and have you tried a simple un-install/re-install ?

i uninstalled azureus and java restarted the computer after this process.
then i went to the java web site and downloaded java then i restarted and installed azureus.
using windows xp sp2 platform pentium 4 512 ram

I had the same prob, completely uninstalled Az, re-installed the latest java client, reinstalled Az and voila, no more probs.

Last edited:
There's a problem with version 2.3.0.0 and above regarding 99.9% cpu usage. They say it's to do with NOD32 and that you should configure the AV so that it ignores scanning the javaw.exe file and install a fresh copy of Azureus.

Well, this doesn't work for me. It still has 99.9% cpu usage even after following all their instructions, so I'm sticking to version 2.2.0.2 until they sort it out properly.

I've got the same dang problem with Azureus 2.3.0 using about 100% of my fricken CPU. I've updated the java client, got rid of the old, and messed with it about as long as I had with finals comming up... I finally downgraded the client, and got my CPU time back...

In the midst of all that, the computer became so unresponsive, it had to open task manager and kill process to get any responsiveness from a key stroke, mouse movement, anything... I should probably try to get the new client working (and that popup to tell me to upgrade to a client that hasn't worked for me) while playing a game or something is rather annoying... Come back and dead or something :eek:

Stick with 2.2.0.2 for as long as you can.... they stated that there was a problem with 100% cpu in 2.3.0.0 but done nothing about it when they released 2.3.0.2

Son Goku said:
I've got the same dang problem with Azureus 2.3.0 using about 100% of my fricken CPU. I've updated the java client, got rid of the old, and messed with it about as long as I had with finals comming up... I finally downgraded the client, and got my CPU time back...

In the midst of all that, the computer became so unresponsive, it had to open task manager and kill process to get any responsiveness from a key stroke, mouse movement, anything... I should probably try to get the new client working (and that popup to tell me to upgrade to a client that hasn't worked for me) while playing a game or something is rather annoying... Come back and dead or something :eek:
had the same problem and did the same thing, staying with 2.2.0.2. Silly people

One idea would be not to use Azureus? Try BitComet or BitLord (written in C++ instead of Java => use less resources) or whatever. There are plenty of good clients out there besides Azureus.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back