Aztech D100U Icons

W

WiredBrain

I'm using Aztech DSL Turbo 100U. I'm annoyed by its taskbar icons that startup with my Windows XP Pro. It doesn't come with software with option to disable it. Please help.

Do you know what the software running in the taskbar does? If you think it's not essential, and your software does not have an option to disable it from running at startup, click Start>Run and type msconfig. Then go to the Startup tab, find the entry for it, and uncheck the box. Reboot and make sure everything works ok. If anything goes wrong, you just need to go back and check the box again.

Hope that was what you were looking for. :)

If you haven't already, make sure it's not in Start > Programs > "Startup" folder.

No, it's not in the "Startup" folder. The icon is "Safely Remove Hardware".

oh, that icon. that's part of XP. some usb devices (usually cameras and external drives) will cause that to come up. not much that you can do about it, i don't think.

pretty useless for a modem, though. :confused:

nope you cant remove that one, you can hide it, by settings it to always hide in taskbar options (rightclicktaskbar->properties)

and yes its useless for a modem but evry usb device cause that icon to appear so also usb modems.

Originally posted by WiredBrain
No, it's not in the "Startup" folder. The icon is "Safely Remove Hardware".

That one :p It comes up when I plug in my digital camera. Pretty harmless. You can hide it like sboulema said if it's bugging you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back