Avi App

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by canadian_divx, Dec 30, 2002.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

is there an aplication out there that will let me cut off the last 10-20min of an avi video but still keep the same quality, or is there an app that will just cut a certian about of mb off and i can use divx fix on it??
  2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

won't tmpeg proggie do it ??

3. canadian_divx

ok i will look into it and download it
  4. canadian_divx

it has the option to reincode the whole video and i dont really want to commmet that much time to it, does anyone know of a way to just cut 10mb off the end of the file??
  5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    There are programs around that will do it. Try doing a forum search & see what you come up with. :)
  6. SubZero3000

SubZero3000 Guest

well.. when i want to cut off the end bit off a avi i just use a divxindexing progie and index into a new file and stop just b4 the end.. and just reindex the new file thats made..

or u could use a divx splitter which i use when i make my own divx's to make a more accurate crop

The name of the Reindexer is called: DivX Fix
    and the name of the splitter is called: Avi Chop

just search em on google or somethin should come up
  7. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

Avichop works for cutting and if you mean like outta the middle id say get Virtualdub its made to encode Avi file NOT TMPEGNC thats for Mpeg files way dif lol with virtual dub you can re encode but cut out the parts you want ;) as in say you want the 10 mins in middle you browse to middle set it as start posistion then pick the end posistion(avichop tho if just tryin to split)