AVG want Beta Testers - New Free Version

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Hipster Doofus, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

"It is our pleasure to introduce the first BETA release of the completely new generation of AVG Free Edition. Register now and try the new version of the famous product. You can become a part of the group of beta-testers who have direct influence to the development of the new product and you can add your value for millions of future users."

AVG :)

2. Ah nice one, will give it a go. Thanks for the notice!

3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

As much as I love AVG, I'm not sure I wanna risk beta testing with AV software.

4. Hmm I had problems straight out of the box :( once installed, when loading XP the little bar would scroll across and do nothing, even after 20 minutes. So I did Last Known Good Config and it couldn't load the Resident Shield so I uninstalled.

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

I'm the opposite. Had no trouble installing & it seems to be doing a great job.

When I was checking my email using a spam program the attachment popped up near the system tray. Not sure why. Must do some reading.

Seems a lot more user friendly than the previous version with a bit more eye candy.

Did you uninstall before installing?

6. Yup, did all the pre-installation checks, uninstalling older version, rebooting, installing new, rebooting. No luck :( I need a format some time soon anyway, so maybe when I've done that I'll give the beta another go.