AVG Update Again!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Hipster Doofus, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

They must be working over time. Another update is available. Dated 3rd October. :D

2. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Well, they still need to do more program updates. I finally tried this program, and notice their email plugin is for OE 5. I tried using it anyways with OE6 and of course its flaky.

3. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Also I'd like to add that I tried uninstalling it with the Uninstall program in the Start Menu and Control Panel and it gave me errors which wouldn't allow me to uninstall. I tried re-installing it, then uninstalling, still didn't work. Finally I went to their website and in their FAQ it also showed how to try and uninstall it via the command prompt, which worked.

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

the plugin works fine with OE6, have used it for several months.

don't know about the uninstall thingier as I have never uninstalled it

[​IMG]

5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

And now there is another one. Looks like a major one. Over 2mb.

6. Capricorn

Capricorn OSNN Senior Addict

I noticed that there was an update yesterday, dated 9th October. I downloaded it, but found when I tried to close down my computer it locked up. I finally had to uninstall AVG to get my computer working again. I reinstalled AVG this morning, but noticed when it updated, that it went back to the 3rd October update. I also checked the AVG site, and found that the 9th October update had been removed. Anyone else have this trouble?