AVG 7.0 Free Beta Screenshot

Enyo

OSNN Veteran Addict
Just to highlight the fact 7 Free will be out in November so please everyone, don't panic about loosing 6!

avg.jpg

Yep, the beta 7 page says the following:
This Beta version of AVG Free Edition will expire 11/30/2004. By this time, the final version of this product will be available for your free download.
No worries people. ;)

nice to know...I love this program

who's running the 7 pro allerady?

who's running trhe 7 beta?

Tell me, I use the free version 6 at the moment, what's the harm in me using the free beta 7 version now ?

betas are nototious for causing trouble on a box...those bugs are what they are trying to work out, and it's why they let you use it

End of support means we will no longer provide program updates or Virus Database updates for version 6.0 and therefore, within days, this version will not protect aginst new virus outbreaks!
They made it sound as though a free version was going to be no longer available.

So people will panic and buy the pro presumably. I would have considered purchasing the pro before this point now they'll be the last group I'll even consider giving money to.

whats the difference between pro and free? and btw why do u guys think this is better than norton antivirus?

Some are getting the wrong idea about what they were talking about.
The message and upgrade notice were about the PAID version not the FREE one.
Paid version 7 came out in July and now free 7 is coming out soon but the Message on the site was aimed at those who are already using the paid version.

Whatever, they've provided and continue to proivide an antivirus product that is atleast as good, if not better than, most commercial AV applications (read Norton AV).

perris said:
nice to know...I love this program

who's running the 7 pro allerady?

who's running trhe 7 beta?
I saw this beta a little while ago. It expires 11/30 so I decided to just wait for the final

perris said:
betas are nototious for causing trouble on a box...those bugs are what they are trying to work out, and it's why they let you use it
Thanks perris, I wait then! :p

themafia_69 said:
why do u guys think this is better than norton antivirus?
norton is great with win98 - I'm dual boot, so I still use it. However, norton cannot cope with xp. AVG does. :p

Thats not a true statement. The reason I like AVG better is that it scans faster, it uses less resources, detects a lot more spyware related viruses/trojans [bar NAV 2004], and has a lot less chance of becoming corrupted. It seems that NAV 2004, altough it has extended detection of some spyware, can just stop working for no reason whatsoever. I've personally seen it happen about 15 times, with no explainable reason, and it had to be reinstalled. anyone who has tried to uninstall a Symantec program knows the pain this can be.

ill check this one out once the free version comes out, whats the difference between the free one and the pro one? more features or what

I know too many people that run into problems that are directly related to norton products

I don't know anyone that's had an issue with avg

I also know that norton constantly rates higher then avg in official tests, but in my personal experience, I've never seen a virus that norton detected that avg did not, yet I've seen quite a few that avg detected and norton did not.

in any event, if they need to make a little money now, I'll give my money to avg over any other paid software...they've gone quite a way to keeping us secure all this time, and they deserve to be paid if that's the road they take

I agree Perris. I use AVG 7.0 Paid version, it is only $33 per license every two years. Not that I don't trust AVG 6, it goes on every PC I fix, but I do like to support them for making a fine product.

perris said:
I know too many people that run into problems that are directly related to norton products

I don't know anyone that's had an issue with avg

I also know that norton constantly rates higher then avg in official tests, but in my personal experience, I've never seen a virus that norton detected that avg did not, yet I've seen quite a few that avg detected and norton did not.

in any event, if they need to make a little money now, I'll give my money to avg over any other paid software...they've gone quite a way to keeping us secure all this time, and they deserve to be paid if that's the road they take

Very true Perris, I had nothing but trouble with Norton Products removed them and I have had no problems at all with AVG7 Pro and I binned Norton Firewall and replaced it with Sygate Pro and they both work like a dream to-gether :)

I am using the new BETA version. and so far it has run smooth and clean.
super fast scanning and i also have it installed on my test PC and detects viri and trojans very well..no hang ups and no probs. give it a try. it very close to final. i think a few tweaks are left to do but all in all its Super!..........

note: When the new release is available for download and u have the beta the update will automatic update the program..nice 5***** :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back