Autorun/autoplay not functioning

Eck

.user
Just starting within the past week, CDs and DVDs no longer autorun or autoplay. CDs with autorun.inf don't do anything. Windows doesn't even pop up the "what do you want to do with this CD" box where you have all the choices, like "view files with explorer" and whatnot.

There are only two things that I have done that might have caused this. First, I installed The Sims 2 (for my sister). I couldn't even get it to run because I kept getting "DVD/CD-ROM emulation software detected. Please disable..." blah blah, so I got with technical support. They said I needed the Intel Application Accelerator. Yeah, whatever, I downloaded that, it didn't fix it, go figure. Then I read that Intel Application Accelerator isn't even compatible with my chipset, so I do a system restore. I also uninstalled The Sims 2.

I looked in TweakUI and noticed that "Enable Autoplay for CD and DVD Drives" was unchecked, so I checked it then restarted. It still is not working.

This really isn't that big of a deal, but I'd just like to have it fixed.

yea i had the same problem too but i reinstalled windows (coz i had missing files) like 2 days ago so i forgot about that problem

man that smiley face cracks me up each time i look at it it's so funny lol

Thanks Hipster, the AutoFix.exe worked nicely. Apparently it was a driver problem, which I'm assuming was caused by Intel Application Accelerator. Thanks

if he's saying that it was the driver problem, then couldn't it have been fixed by updating the drive from device manager???

Removing the drives in device manager and rebooting probably would have fixed the problem, so yeah.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back