Autopatcher is no more

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Dark Atheist, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

seems M$ has decided to shutdown autopatcher, for some unknown reason, they and neowin have recieved takedown notices, and if its on here too im sure osnn.net will also recieve one - shame it was useful for when i would go round to a friends house who didnt have the fastest connection in the world and was quicker for autopatcher to do what it did than for me to download loads of updates for xp :(

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I never liked AutoPatcher. When I tested it I realized it is installing updates that may not be needed.

3. Arniestan1

Arniestan1 OSNN Addict

I believe this happened because the latest build included the capability to slipstream. I've noticed it's been two months for RyansVM slipstreamable update pack also. Possibly he's been stopped too.

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Perhaps WGA has a hand in this? It seems to be MS's new love child and by using Autopatcher your not forced to use it. Anyhoo just my 2cents. :rolleyes:

5. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Yea, great idea, right on the heels of their WGA servers going down and the only way to get updates was to use autopatcher.

6. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

What a shame, all the time and effort spent making a great piece of software and along comes micro$oft to spoil a good thing that helps so many geeks. Well done, well done gates.

7. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

I liked it. More so for the other programs and tweaks I could install.

8. Tarun

Tarun www.lunarsoft.net

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  9. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

No. This is the worst news I have heard in a long time... GD! *EXPLITIVE DELETED* Microsoft.

I loved Autopatcher. *sigh*. *EXPLITIVE DELETED*

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  10. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Slipstreaming is easy. I can provide you with links if you'd like to learn.

11. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I slipstreamed SP2 into a CD, but in order to do all the updates and stuff IIRC was a pain in the ass. vLight may have made it easier by now though, what do you got?

12. gh057

gh057 w3lc0m3 t0 7h3 r3al w0r1d

It seems that MS has nothing better to do than take down sites that actually HELP them , in this case it was one of the worst , MS thought oh boy that software bypasses the validation we've gota take em down . YOU IDIOTS YOUR WGA WAS CRACKED in 24 HOURS . GET YOUR S%I% Right -.-

Done venting :) feel much better.