Automatic connect in XP ??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GameBZz, May 10, 2002.

1. GameBZz

GameBZz Guest

Is there an option to connect automatic so when I set the shortcut of my dailup (cablemodem) in start it automatic connects and I don't have to click "connect" every time ??

I've searched in the forum but found nothing...

Cya BaZz

2. Piett

Piett ...will circle this city

hmm you wern't to clear when you posted. are you using dial up or a cable modem? if you are using a cable modem you shouldn't have to connect, as it is a permanent connection.

3. insaNity

insaNity Guest

for my broadband connection I was using RASPPPoE which made PPPoE work as if it was a dialup connection. Then It was compatible with all my old auto-dialing tools etc.

4. GameBZz

GameBZz Guest

Ok, I've got a Cableconnection but I can use it as a dailup....in windows 98 I had no "tools", there wass just an option "automatic connect" or something ....when I set that on & playsed a shortcut og the connection under start -> startup then he automatic connected when I started :) but now I can't find that option anymore :(

Cya BaZz

[edit] Ok, I fixed the prob, the option was just called else :rolleyes: [/edit]

5. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Cable Modems do not use PPPoE, they are static/DHCP always-on connections. Are you sure you don't have DSL, and not Cable? There is a difference.

JJB6486

6. insaNity

insaNity Guest

ACTUALLY, both cable & DSL can use PPPoE, PPTP or plain ethernet routing as you describe.
    Anyway it was just an example.