Autocad electrical 2006

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have installed the above program to my father inlaw but after installation and i try to open it it comes up with this error.(attached).
I am going offshore tomorrow and would like to get this sorted out but autodesk are taking their time in getting back to me. Anyone had any problem like this before and how can i fix it. I have tried uninstalling and installing again but keep getting the same thing.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 112
I have worked with autocad since version 11..lol anyway, since autodesk implemented .net framework, which works in conjunction with the serial code and registration of the software. when you load autocad, during the install process is should ask you if you have .net framework, if you dont it does install it for you. Also I would add that even though autodesk recomends XP,
CAD programs like autocad work much better on a workstation OS, WIndows 2000 PRO is still choice for many cad programs especially autodesk products.

try uninstalling completely, clean up your registry, with a reg cleaner, delete the folder left by autocad, usually found c:program files/autocad<<delete this folder

restart your computer

if your copy of autocad is legit( i asume it is) you should have the CD key and registration number provided with the software. install the program following all the steps asked. and it should work. one more thing, if you are going online with the same PC with it does redirect you to the autodesk server to verify your software.

I take it a full Windows Update wouldn't hurt as well just to make sure you have the latest .NET Framework Environment installed if it's using that...

I've installed CAD 2005 on a Windows XP Pro SP2 PC twice and didn't have any problems.

It either can't find your license server, or the warez crack you used didn't work :p

The NET framework is installed as well as a hotfix for it(KB886903)i presume that this is the latest update as it doesn't download anything else. Yes the copy is legit, but its just frustrating that it doen't work first time.

In this thread they attempt a few things, in the end the user got it running with a new licence.

However, the tips on XP SP2 installs - are to uninstall, and then disable security (firewall, AV programs) and then reinstall.

They also mention to check in services - (Start, Run services.msc) for the c-dilla service (licence management)

I just checked my autocad 05 --- and that service is running, and set to automatic.

Here's the thread (lots of repitition)

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=356018

the c-dilla service is not running on my pc , how do i install/start it running and is it on the autocad cd or xp cd.

try going to start run and type in services.msc see if its in there then u can start it

AutoCAD employs the cdilla copy protection product which was broken by service pack two for XP. As already mentioned you are going to have to remove all references to Autocad and cdilla from the registry by hand, a long and tedious process and I will tell you now that you won’t be able to do this as cdilla runs as a protected service outside of the operating system. You will have to remove the old version of cdilla form control panel/system by viewing hidden devices and disabling cdilla and then uninstall AutoCAD only then will the correct version of this mindless utility be re-installed correctly.

This sends shivers down my spine as AutoCAD is the industry standard for the design and structural elements of all modern buildings so if they can’t even get their own product installation correct then I will be living in a tent for the next few years.

Cdilla was and always has been a disaster in a moving operating system environment it belongs to a bygone era. I could tell you how to run AutoCAD without it but then I suspect that some do-gooder somewhere will complain.

Happy days….. and long live the Pharaoh!

:) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back