Auto turn off when shuting down

swi...I'd like to resolve this issue for others if it's possible...I'm glad the proggy did the trick, but please keep visiting this thread, until we decide we can't figure it out...this way, when others get the error, we'll have an answer.

in the mean time, how long does it take for that error message to appear, withstanding any delay

instantaneously

i'm thinking... could this command be dependant of any service running? I've close many services following the blackviper webpage and one of them is "Workstation" and if i refer to the description of the command, it shuts down the server so maybe that's why it isn't working... i'll make a few tests to check that

Gnahaha... got it, the service "Terminal Services" must be running as the "ts" from the command name stands for Terminal service :)

I'm under the assumption ts is totalshutdown, but you seem to be more on it then me, as there would only be one s if I were correct.

can you try this shutdown shortcut from safe please?

Just installed SP1 and when I shut down the system using the desktop shortcut I created months ago, the system powered down on its own for the first time. Did SP1 "fix" the shutdown shortcut / power down issue? How about others - what are you finding?

me neither... :p
I'll test all that tomorow, bed time now!

I've installed SP1 on two different systems (Home & Pro) and in both instances the shutdown shortcut now automatically powers down. It appears this is the "fix" you've been looking for. ;)

Tsshutdn.exe shuts down a Terminal Server in a controlled manner.

Syntax for Tsshutdn.exe:
Code:
TSSHUTDN [wait_time] [/SERVER:servername] [/REBOOT] [/POWERDOWN]
         [/DELAY:logoffdelay] [/V]

wait_time           Seconds to wait after user notification before
                      terminating all user sessions (default is 60).
  /SERVER:servername  The server to shut down (default is current).
  /REBOOT             Reboot the server after user sessions are terminated.
  /POWERDOWN          The server prepares for powering off.
  /DELAY:logoffdelay  Seconds to wait after logging off all connected
                      sessions (default is 30).
  /v                  Display information about actions being performed.

Example: tsshutdn 60 /server:cprsrv02 /reboot /delay:30 /v

i took this info here
in fact it's a Win 2k command.

if you don't want to use a proggy, just use the shortcut posted..it's vey good...plus, you can then make an f key, or any key a shortcut from your keyboard

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back