auto expanding images to fit screen resolution script

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodmorning everyone,

I am underway of upgrading my website and i was wondering how do you auto expanding images to fit so that there isnt any black areas or blank areas for people with bigger screen resolution and so that people with small screen resolution dont have to scroll from left to right to see the screen. I cant really explain it properly i dont think.. but i hope you can get the picture.. I have an example though, NTFS.org does this script, inwhich the whole page expands from when you restore and maximize the IE window. So can anyone help me with what the script is to do this?

I hope you can understand that.. im sorry its alittle messed up

Thank you for your help in advance

Sincerly Alex :rolleyes:

The tables on NTFS have widths set in percentages, for example width="95%" instead of width="450"
this means that the size will always be 95% of the browser width.

What image are you trying to size? Image on a page? image by itself? background image?

Expanding or contracting images on a page looks like sh*t. This is because the browser only uses a very simple way to resize the images and that they are bitmaps. So I wouldn't recommand it. Instead use tables (like Speedy_B said) and have tiled backgrounds for it.

There's a ton of graphics on that site btw. You shouldn't have to scroll a whole screen to get to the acctual contents.

Also the <a href="http://www.geocities.com/dj_axel72003/javascript:void(0)"
should be <a href="javascript:void(0)"

il try out tables.. i dont really have time to do it now but ill keep intouch..

Thank you for your help Zedric and Speedy_B :cool:

btw, i like graphics Zedric :p.. lol hehe but that page is only temperary for now so it will all be re-arranged :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back