August 2005 Desktop Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's very refreshing. The Aurora effect was supposed to make the light sources in that image move around on the desktop. There was a mockup of it somewhere. Don't know if they still plan to have something like that in Vista next year. :)

NetRyder said:
Yeah, it's very refreshing. The Aurora effect was supposed to make the light sources in that image move around on the desktop. There was a mockup of it somewhere. Don't know if they still plan to have something like that in Vista next year. :)

Wow! Never knew that. Sounds pretty cool though. :)

VS: Black Mesa (link at neowin.net)
WP: Left Unknown from 4chan.org, right unknown from 4chan.org

So depressing. This thread used to be uber popular back in the day.

*frown*

Hehe, sorry Matt. I'm working 11 hours a day right now so I haven't really done much with my desktop recently. It looks pretty much exactly like every Windows Vista Beta 1 desktop screenshot you've seen on the web, minus the glass effect (*cry*)

I'll probably have more time once I finish the internship and the quarter begins in late September. :)

thats no excsue. I work 12 hours a day and still manage to play with it :p

I have the same problem you two have.

The only other problem I have is that no one comes out with any visual styles I like these days. I guess it's time to break out the active desktop again, ASP style!

The tutorial could use some updating.

Waoh... You're right.. That does sound interesting.. :) Sorry I've been kinda busy myself lately.. And I don't have that much interest on the puter these days since my 2500 system left me.. :( I only have a 650 now... :(

~bk said:
Sweet desktop NetRyder!
Thanks ~bk. Not really much I have done in the way of customisation, as I mentioned earlier. There's quite a bit of eye-candy in the default look anyway. :D

I just want directsound in vista and i'd Install it again and play :) I quite liked it for a product at beta 1 stage

Pretty basic Vista styled desktop for August. :)

Wallpaper: Flat Black with Logo (from WinCustomize)
VisualStyle: Longhorn "5203" by KoL
Apps: Konfabulator Weather widget
Other Enhancements: XPize 4.0 MCE Beta

Attachments

• VistaMinimal.jpg
    VistaMinimal.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 98
NetRyder said:
Well, here goes. :)

I WANT IT NOW !!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME !! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !! I PROMISE I'LL BE GOOD :D

LordOfLA said:
mmm dunno about that - its ~2gb :p
Yes, I know .. I am planning on buying a new pc, but am waiting till vista comes out before I do .. :)

NetRyder said:
Hehe. Wait for Beta 2. :)

lol .. I have to have it, I am like totally orgasmafied (well not that excited, but pretty excited lol) about it...

Keeping it simple.

Attachments

• d'top august.JPG
    d'top august.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 497
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back