AudioGrabber NOW FREE!!!!

L

Lee

Saw this here (if you didn't know this already).

www.techconnect.ws check software section.

AudiGrabber V1.83 is now free as xing contract now finished. Go grab it you will love it if you never already used the limited free version, this is now unlimited.

and anyone that uses this should be shot. Even the author admits there is much better out there.

Ever wonder why you download some mp3's and they sound like sh*t. Well, it's because of Xing, and Audiograbber and Audiocatylist popularized this.

EAC and LAME all the way...

WHOW!!!! I haven't seen/heard/used that crap (AudioGrabber; Xing) since 1996/8... can't remember how long. :p

Unleashed said:
I very much disagree, I used AudiCatalyst for years, its brilliant.

AudiCatalyst is one that should be trashed. Audiograbber actually with the use of lame (not that xing or mp3pro crap) is a very good ripper. For beginners it is very good o use. EAC is still the king though, and always will be.

Also Audiograbber 1.84 is supposed to have secure ripping in it. So it should be interesting to see how it compaires to EAC. I like Audiograbber - but like I said nothing will ever be better than EAC.

One word, EAC. Exact Audio Copy is by far the *best* audio ripper available and its free. One of the few progs that actually uses --alt preset standard with Lame for superior VBR.

dbpoweramp all the way...can't get a more feature rich free download for audio in the world!

CDex is also pretty good. It's in the same level as EAC.

I've used CDEX for quite some time now... It's pretty easy to use for me and I've had no problems with the sound of the mp3's it makes. :) Plus, it's free

cryogenic said:
I've used CDEX for quite some time now... It's pretty easy to use for me and I've had no problems with the sound of the mp3's it makes. :) Plus, it's free

Yeah CDex and EAC the same secure rip codes. Only diff is that CDex calls it paranoia mode. It is an awesome prog and is the same level as eac - Actually when it comes to tagging files I think CDex is better than EAC. There is a fault in EAC where it won't put the year of release. Also the Various Artist tag doesn't work right. But other than that it is a perfect app. It and Cdex Rox ! :)

Johnny said:
Yeah CDex and EAC the same secure rip codes. Only diff is that CDex calls it paranoia mode. It is an awesome prog and is the same level as eac - Actually when it comes to tagging files I think CDex is better than EAC. There is a fault in EAC where it won't put the year of release. Also the Various Artist tag doesn't work right. But other than that it is a perfect app. It and Cdex Rox ! :)

I must disagree with you

CDex is built around the CDParanoia libraries that were and are built for linux.
Andre Weithoff (sp?) totally wrote EAC from the ground up.

Also, I have no problem here with EAC adding the year. Check your command line you might have to add something (I don't, EAC handles it fine).

I used audiograbber back when mp3 was a "new" thing. Now that I know better I wouldn't touch it w/ a 10 foot stick ... I also don't see the need for wasting time on mp3's when other much better formats are all over :) just my 2cents.

Can't deny that, while I like to encode things into 128k AAC, a nice 192k mp3 will work on almost anything :)

I highly recommend everyone try out mpc (MusePack). I regard it as the best lossy codec. It will also very shortly (next few days) be going to open source.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back