Audiocatalyst: help required

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by nightowl, Sep 11, 2002.

1. nightowl

nightowl Guest

I have recently installed win xp pro. I want use audiocatalyst to rip a cd an ASPI mode i can only select ANALOG mode. Is there somethong in windows I can change to allow me to use the ASPI funtion?

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

You need to install the ASPI layer, if it is not already available in our downloads section, I will add it later on today.

3. mbunny

mbunny Guest

Just a suggestion.

Audiocatalyst is not all that good at the job its doing.

As a recommendation, try one of these programs.

CDex is user friendly as it includes all the necessary things as one whole package rather than making the user download different packages.

I recommend using CDex with Ogg Vorbis on Quality Setting 6.

CDex Homepage

The slightly more advanced (and the best) is Exact Audio Copy (EAC).

It does a 100%(or as close to it depending on the quality of your CD) copy of the music that is on the CD. Audiocatalyst doesn't do a very good job of it (slight problems here and there...)

EAC coupled with LAME or Ogg Vorbis is a potent mix.
    LAME is a mp3 codec which is by far the superior codec available atm.
    Use the r3mix settings for a high quality rip.
    Latest LAME binaries
    Ogg Vorbis is a Open Source, 100% license free music standard that is on par with mp3. Its starting to gain some fan base but not quite the same amount as mp3 =P.
    Ogg Vorbis on Quality Setting 6 is the same as LAME r3mix settings. avg 192kbps.
    Ogg Vorbis

If you or anyone else wants help with this stuff feel free to drop a line =)

4. plaztic

plaztic Guest

audiocatalyst rox my box.. i think that program rips ass, ive never had a prob, going to xp installed the aspi layer from adaptec and ripped away.. rippin songs at 10secs a pop is pretty sweet, but ive used it for ages so im pretty bias, i think wmp8/9 with the mp3 addin rox aswell, actually i use that more often these days

5. Timeo27

Timeo27 Guest

Might want to try CDex though, (with LAME) it's decent.