audio video help

1) is the amp dual voltage? If so, make sure you are not switched to 220.

2) Is the amp high current/high voltage switching? If so, make sure it's running high current.

3) There is always the possibiltiy of a bad amp...

i will read the manual to check out those things. i no very little about these things.

make sure you are using 12 gauge wire! you should see a big improvement in the quality of the DVD and Cd if you use the digital interconnects, Since there is no surround installed run it straight stereo, unless there is an option for phantom surround, only useful for movies. If you dont want to pay the premium for Speaker Wire (why would you?) run down to the home depot and get cut lengths of Power cord 12 guage if you can hide the damn colored cords, they are an absolute steal when compared to hopped up speaker wire.

Falconguard-

16 ga is more than enough for most applications, but you are right about just running to a hardware store and grabbing some rip or lamp cord. Cat5 also makes excellent speaker wire. There's guides on the net on how to combine the pairs. I'm at work right now, so I can't dig up the links...

thanks for pointing that out, 16 gauge is fine for most runs, but for runs longer than 20 feet 12 guage is best. It's cheaper to buy length in bulk, so if your shopping around I'd say pick up a spool, cheaper all the way around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back