Audio Popping Annoying!

Okay but I'm not going to move it from PCI slot to PCI slot there's no reason why 1 PCI slot should cause popping and another wouldn't- and I need more things to try...

SIRE said:
Okay but I'm not going to move it from PCI slot to PCI slot there's no reason why 1 PCI slot should cause popping and another wouldn't- and I need more things to try...

1) Shared IRQ= bad
2) If close to the agp slot/vid card, can pick up noise/interference

SIRE said:

whats your case cooling like ?

It has like a fan on the bottom front a fan on the back and the power supply has its own fan it does get hot sometimes more so in summer, otherwise I try to keep it cool in the house.

dreamliner77 said:
It would be very, very, very rare for an audio card to overheat.

I dont think it is as I can switch my fans on and off from my digidoc, and when most are off and it starts heating up, I did notice that it started crackling, and as soon as a got some fans on the job it stopped

I dont think thats the case here

this is weird, my Audigy 2 ZS had it's own IRQ, it'd crackle and pop and carry on... terribly annoying.... so I moved it.... now it's sharing a IRQ (with the vid card) and the popping and cracking has gone away....

Hmmm, normally you'd think it was sharing an IRQ with a USB host or something

I have the Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer card.

I don't know where to find IRQ numbers or to even check if its sharing an IRQ with other hardware- explain please.

You can on some mb's asign specific IRQ's in bios.

You right click my computer,properties,
device manager, select soundcard it's resources and change it there.

Can I ask did you mb have built in sound already? As you should disable it in bios first.

I have built in sound and had so many problems trying to use a sound card instead of built in sound and stuff I left it at sound from mb and removed card.

i had the same problem with my audigy gamer card i contacted creative and they told me to uninstall the drivers in safe mode and that would remove them all and reinstall drivers off the cd then get the latest drivers from creative.com that fixed my problem with cracking and hissing..hope this helps. :)

Yes I'm almost certain I have disabled onboard sound before I installed my addon audigy sound card.

Chase: Sounds like something to try I'll give it a whirl when I remember how to boot up into safe-mode and print your post so I don't forget the order of things...

Also you go into safe-mode remove the drivers then re-install the drivers fromt he creative cd while still in safe-mode or after a reboot in normal windows?

uninstall the drivers in safe mode then reboot in normal mode then reinstall the drivers etc..

Okay I'm waiting to restart to do this all at once- I have a virus I must scan for before I boot into windows. After I remove the virus, I'll remove the sound blaster drivers in safe-mode, I'll reboot and install only the drivers from the creative disc. I just went to soundblaster.com and I found 2 files which I have downloaded to update- do I use, "AUD_WEBUP_PCWDRV_1-84-40.exe" or "AUD_EAX4DRV_031031.exe"?

SIRE said:
Okay I'm waiting to restart to do this all at once- I have a virus I must scan for before I boot into windows. After I remove the virus, I'll remove the sound blaster drivers in safe-mode, I'll reboot and install only the drivers from the creative disc. I just went to soundblaster.com and I found 2 files which I have downloaded to update- do I use, "AUD_WEBUP_PCWDRV_1-84-40.exe" or "AUD_EAX4DRV_031031.exe"?
both of them in that order..

Ok does that mean I can use the first file as a replacement of the cd?

No, I don't think so, the "AUD_WEBUP_PCWDRV_1-84-40.exe" you downloaded is an update, it most probably won't replace all of the files installed by the cd setup.
Do what's been said above ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back