audigy stops pc from booting ? help!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Majin, May 1, 2003.

1. Majin

Majin DBZ - Yes its in me!

Freind of mine just bought an audigy 1 soundcard , windows detects it and begins to use it but if you reboot the machione will not boot , take the card out it boots fine put it back in same thing one use and no booting. Any help ?

2. RazerBack

RazerBack The First Rebirth

For my ASUS mobo they recommend PCI slot 3 (start from the AGP side), but it's plugged into slot 5 currently.

Need more info MOBO, OS, stuff like that.

3. Majin

its a compaq presario 750 mhz duron processor 192 megs ram windows xp home

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Does the onboard sound need to be disabled?

5. Majin

onboard sound is disabled in the bios and disabled in the windows hardware profile.

6. Hipster Doofus

You could try installing it, boot up then go & get the latest driver for it, install & see what gives.

7. Majin

as i said before the machine quits booting all together after installing it .

8. Hipster Doofus

But you can do it for one boot right. Get the driver & install before rebooting again. If that does not work it might be a faulty card.

9. homerhassall

homerhassall Guest

Had the same problem when i bought an Audigy card. Ended up taking it back for refund after changing the drivers and just about everything I could think of. Was said on various newgroups that there are some compatability problems with this card and I just couldn't be doing with it so I'm back with my 'live value' card.

10. Majin

thanks i was starting to think i had lost my mind , working and then killing the system . Still i wish i could find some kind of workaround .