Audigy Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jz1397-5, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I have a sound blaster Audigy with an Optical Digital I/O card that i just got. I have the optical cable running from SPDIF out, to SPDIF in on my reciever. In the AudioHQ (in control panel) i have the Digital Output Sampling Rate at 48KHz (was 96KHz, but was too hight for the optical cable i think). Here is where the main problem is, under the speaker option (where you can test all your speakers with front right, center, front left... etc.) When i run that i can only hear front right and front left. Why? i have no idea what i am doing wrong. is there a certian driver i need to install? the speakers are the S4 MidiLand 7100 Plus. Thanks for any help.

2. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

anyone, anyone?

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

talkin about this program, right?
    [​IMG]
    well, make sure you have the right speakers selected, of course... 5 or 5.1 in your case. what happens when you select, say, 4 speakers? does the sound still just come out of the front 2?

also, what happens if you use the analog connections... can you get all 5 to work?

4. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

the picture did not come up so i am not sure what you are talking about. when i do select 2 speakers it works on the same front right and front left. if i select 4, same thing front right and frong left. i really have no idea why this is. audigy driver problem maybe? but then wouldn't audio be messed up?

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Have you tried using Digital Output Only?

6. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

yea, no good either. anything else?

7. ab11_99

ab11_99 Guest

i have a PCI128 with a coaxial digital cable hook up and as far as i know you can't get 4, 5 or 5.1 with it, only DTS or DD sound out.

for multi speaker you need analog outputs,