audigy nx lag

norbut

OSNN Newbie
hi all, i just got an audigy nx usb soundcard to use with my laptop. I'm not familiar with creative products so i'm not sure if my problem is normal.
1:i cannot access the asio drivers in any app, whether it be cubase sx or soundfordge etc..
2: when i play mp3's using any player, the songs don't keep proper time, seems to be a sync problem or buffer problem.

anyone got any solutions or is this the norm??

dave

1) are you using usb1.1 or 2?
2) IIRC, the NX does not support ASIO
3) try updating usb drivers.

Audigy NX sync'n out

Yes my laptop is usb2,
is definately a sync problem of some kind, i can use the asio drivers with ableton, but not cubase sx. I can use DX drivers in soundforge but winamp, win media, creative players all skipp a beat every 12 to14 bars.. I keep all drivers for hardware and software up-to-date.. I also use another external soundcard, a tascam u122 (usb1) which i was hoping to make redundant. it doesn't have any such problems, but it doesn't sound as good (signal to noise ratio isn't all that good) and latency not as good either..
I did do the update and it did help a little but it hasn't fixed the problem completely

any advice is knidly welcome

regards
dave

have tried using it as the only dev in usb ports... starting to think that i got a fualty soundcard.. i can see no reason why it should be losing sync on eve the most basic tasks.. thinking it might be a good idea to return it.. what do u think..dave:mad:

do u think it could be a faulty optical dac??, i don't use the analogue outs, only spdif o optical??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back