audigy nx lag

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by norbut, Nov 21, 2004.

1. norbut

norbut OSNN One Post Wonder

hi all, i just got an audigy nx usb soundcard to use with my laptop. I'm not familiar with creative products so i'm not sure if my problem is normal.
    1:i cannot access the asio drivers in any app, whether it be cubase sx or soundfordge etc..
    2: when i play mp3's using any player, the songs don't keep proper time, seems to be a sync problem or buffer problem.

anyone got any solutions or is this the norm??

dave

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

1) are you using usb1.1 or 2?
    2) IIRC, the NX does not support ASIO
    3) try updating usb drivers.

3. norbut

Audigy NX sync'n out

Yes my laptop is usb2,
    is definately a sync problem of some kind, i can use the asio drivers with ableton, but not cubase sx. I can use DX drivers in soundforge but winamp, win media, creative players all skipp a beat every 12 to14 bars.. I keep all drivers for hardware and software up-to-date.. I also use another external soundcard, a tascam u122 (usb1) which i was hoping to make redundant. it doesn't have any such problems, but it doesn't sound as good (signal to noise ratio isn't all that good) and latency not as good either..
    I did do the update and it did help a little but it hasn't fixed the problem completely

any advice is knidly welcome

regards
    dave

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

do you have something else plugged into usb?

5. norbut

have tried using it as the only dev in usb ports... starting to think that i got a fualty soundcard.. i can see no reason why it should be losing sync on eve the most basic tasks.. thinking it might be a good idea to return it.. what do u think..dave:mad:

6. norbut

do u think it could be a faulty optical dac??, i don't use the analogue outs, only spdif o optical??