ATX standards...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by scriptasylum, Jan 28, 2004.

1. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

I'm looking into building my own unique case (don't ask, I want to post pictures when done) and I'd like to make it to allow upgrades. So, I'm looking for a place that lists the ATX standards for mobos, PS, etc. Things like standard mounting standoff locations, max sizes for mobos/PS, and such. Anyone know where I can get this info? I could simply measure my mobo, but I know there may be bigger/smaller ones, plus I've installed 4 different mobos in my case and none seem to use the exact mounting holes as the previous one (and 3 of those were made by the same company!).

TIA...

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

3. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Thanks!

Actually that does help.

However, after thinking about it, it would be easier to simply get a cheap case and use only certain parts, such as mobo tray, CD rack, etc.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

thing to watch out for :)

cheap case == cheap components == flimsy mobo tray and racks etc...

I just built a system for my friends brother in a flimsy case... it was NO fun whatsoever...

5. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

I guess I should rephrase that then. What I meant was a case that has decent parts, but not nice looking. Doesn't matter if it's pink with purple polka-dots since I'll be cannibalizing certain parts. I'm actually looking for an older case with a steel mobo tray. The kids are using an old Gateway case which would be perfect. Maybe I'll just put their parts in my Lian-li and take their case. Probably the only 4-10year olds that'll have a Lian-li! :)