ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD on Xfired Windows 7 machine

It is most likely software but tdr errors could be hardware based. Most times I got those a later patch to the game fixed them.
Hope so.
The problem is that Im not in a game when it happens Its just sitting there maybe on FF, maybe not.

FF uses 3D hardware acceleration as does the windows desktop in vista/7 and likely all future editions., so TDR errors are not just limited to games.

FF uses 3D hardware acceleration as does the windows desktop in vista/7 and likely all future editions., so TDR errors are not just limited to games.
Well unfortunately I cant get a patch for FF or Windows... Ive tried multiple versions of FF and a fresh install of Windows... No Dice.
I also disabled Flash's Hardware Acceleration in FF.

Hey everyone,
got my cards back the other day. Just (as in an an hour or so ago) got my 2nd card installed again into my computer.
It seems to be working fine.
They said that there was a problem with the coolers on the card and that they were overheating. Not sure how this is possible since OverDrive said they were at 42-4C and 30C respectively. If the cards overheat at those temps than I think Sapphire needs to go back to the drawing board...
Whatever the reason the new/refurb cards they send me back seem to be working great. As always, I won't be shy to repost here if the problem persists (though if it happens again I may just buy a new motherboard).
Cheers!
and thanks for all your help,
Jack

the thermal probes to read those temps are usualy in the wrong place to give you useful temp readings :)

Thermal imaging would be more accurate.

the thermal probes to read those temps are usualy in the wrong place to give you useful temp readings :)

Thermal imaging would be more accurate.
lol, I don't have a thermal imager :D
It does seem to be running well now though so I guess it was a hardware issue.

On an unrelated note, I'm sick of my MSI 890GXM-G65 so I bought a Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 board. Extra space in between the two card slots should be good for my gpu cooling. I also bought more ram so now I have 12gb at 1600mhz which apparently the MSI didn't support (even though it says it can support it when OC'd) I asked on the MSI forums and they said there was no way it would run 12gb at 1600mhz. F-That. Just sucks that the FXA doesn't have an IDE port (what my DVD Burner was using) OH well.
Thanks for all the help... Again.

you can probably pick up a cheap pci ide card somewhere using a jmicron controller. or pick up a sata burner

you can probably pick up a cheap pci ide card somewhere using a jmicron controller. or pick up a sata burner
Yea, picked up an SATA burner for 25 bucks (it has lightscribe which is why its more than 18 lol)
On another note, I still don't think my ram is running at 1600mhz. Is it possible that Patriot lied to me and shipped me some crap ram instead of the 1600mhz ram I bought? It says 8.5gb/s is its max bandwidth in Overdrive, the Corsair Vengeance ram says its max is like 10.7gb/s like the Kingston Value ram did. And the speed of the Patriot says it runs at 557mhz in overdrive (or something low), and the Corsair runs at like 667mhz which is still less than the pc12800 speeds. I have changed the DRAM Clock speeds in the mobo (to make it say it will run at 1600mhz in the bios) but in overdrive nothing ever changes. I was pretty sure that this Gigabyte 990fxa board was supposed to support DD3 1600 without having to OC it...
Here is the Patriot ram I have:
Newegg.com - Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model PGV34G1600ELK
Here is the corsair ram I have (2 sticks):
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9

Friggin' Annoying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back