ATI9800pro

New games wouldn't use it....

the stock heatsink it great... It's not worth the risk involved to remove it.

It's 15% in Ontario, but NCIX is in BC, which only has to pay GST (7%)

Originally posted by Kevin Ar18
A little investigation and... it seems the only benchmark it is currently having an effect on is Unreal Tournament 2003. It becomes most noticeable at 1600x1200 w/ 4xAA, 8xAF
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/ati_radeon_9800_pro_review/page14.asp

Anyways, what I wanted to make sure by your statement about Image quality was that you were talking about getting more FPS with Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic on and not about getting a better quality image just because of more RAM. Is this correct?

thats because of 2 things... :)

one is that epic did a not so great job with coding... ie their coding is a bit inneficient fo ut2k3 uses a LOT of memory...

secondaly is that ut2k3 is the ONLY game I know of @ the moment that can load more than 128mb of textures in the memory... some of the maps are up to 160mb...

thats when the extra memory comes into play... :) as I was explaining and as you also have later posted...

there has to be a situation when benching when total memory use exceeds 128mb before you start to see differences.. or even close to 128mb...

but no matter what... the extra memory does help :)

I have the Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128Mo, and it costed me only 240€, what a bargain I must admit it ! Runs like a charm ! Someone at a computer store (France) received it as a present which allowed him to sell it to me for half of it's retail price (300€ + 20€ for shipping). I sold my former Radeon 7500 for 80€, which dropped the final price to 240€ for me. Never been this lucky and happy before for my computing experience ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back