ATI Rage 3d Pro help

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Anakist, May 20, 2003.

1. Anakist

Anakist Way too much time here...

I want to do something to update this card. Are there dx8 or later drivers? Or can I install drivers from a newer card??

James

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

the product is quite dated... I will probably have to look it up but you may be able to get drivers and what not @ www.ati.com

do a search for driver upgrades for your product...

I recommend however... if it works well now... don't bother upgrading the drivers for it...

only do so if you have pressing issues...

the fact that your gpu is not that new may mean you are likely to get more problems installing 'new' drivers v/s the ones you already have :)

3. Anakist

Thanks Sazar,

Had a look around at ati and couldn't find anything. It is an onboard card on the mu440ex and ati didn't have any drivers from that long ago.

Thanks again.

James

4. Sazar

np...

you can always email tech support @ ati for more information concerning the possible sets of drivers for your gpu...

www.guru3d.com also has some possible driver sets if you want to tinker around... though like I Said.. if you already have a stable system I do not recommend further tweaking :)

5. Anakist

Thanks.

What were some good pci slot cards?? I might try getting a card with some more features and memory. I can run 1024x768 OR 24 or 32 bit colour. Can only get 32bit at 800x600.

James

6. Sazar

@ this point in time the best pci card will probably be the gf4 MX cards... the higher the model number of the gf4 MX card.. the better...

alternatively.. you have the ati 7500 series.. but they are not as good as the higher end gf4 MX series cards in pci format..

7. Anakist

So the GE440mx will work in pci??? Cool! Although it is only a 266 celery so I will get a cheap one.

James