ATI Radeon 9800 problem

yes I get the green dots when i run the Direct3D test in dxdiag...

Can the memory problem also result in the screenshots i posted in the first post? Cuz it looks like a driver problem to me... but i'm not that experienced. :/

in the screenshot i cant see any green dots, but not sure if they would appear in a screenshot, but from the shot provided i agree looks like a driver problem, try a clean Format of your hd if the Driver cleaners dont work for you.

What power supply do u have. Maybe the card doesn't have enough power so it running on low setting?And did u ever get drop out from the games?

Oh its drivers I am 100% sure I have seen that many times before , the green dots I cant say because I do not see them , ,but the shots he showed I seen that all too many times thats why I got rid of the 9800 Pro

Kasoi said:
What power supply do u have. Maybe the card doesn't have enough power so it running on low setting?And did u ever get drop out from the games?

I don't think its the power supply, because it worked perfectly before i reinstalled my pc...

but now suddenly it does not... and it's starting to annoy me slightly :rolleyes:

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Oh its drivers I am 100% sure I have seen that many times before , the green dots I cant say because I do not see them , ,but the shots he showed I seen that all too many times thats why I got rid of the 9800 Pro

here they are
happy.gif

dxdiag's direct3D test
on 7 interfaces:
http://users.skynet.be/funk_doc/screens/7_interf.JPG
on 8 interfaces:
http://users.skynet.be/funk_doc/screens/8_interf.JPG
on 9 interfaces:
http://users.skynet.be/funk_doc/screens/9_interf.JPG

greetz

I used to have this problem with my old dell 8250. I had a 9700np and this would happen . To fix it I would have to reboot my comp and everything would be fine. I the scraped the system and used the 9700 in a newer comp, and the problem went away. I formated that dell countless times and it NEVER fixed it. I would try a new PSU, you could be getting voltage spikes, which would cause things like this to happen

Well the greens dots I see now I would try that card in a different machine or take it to a local shop ask them to test it in a machine if you dont have another one handy, yours or a friends that is, I dont see why people keep telling people to spend money without first testing something it sure is easy to spend other peoples money I guess.

The Green dots are assosiated with Memory probs, hense why restartin the pc fixed the probs temp cos the cards memory is cleared. What PNY Told me over the phone when i RMA'd My Card.

restarting the pc doesn't help, unfortunatly... :(

i'll try the card out on another machine first...

thx for the advice!

I have the same problem (screenshots seem soooooooo familiar).... i have tried with some extra cooling devices but no success... im gonna get a new PSU, a better and powerfull one...so... ill let u know i something happens....
If i have the time im gonna try to test some old drivers too...

I have an image too...::lick:

This problem is gettin me :dead:

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 119
OK!..i haven't got my new PSU yet..but! i've tried to put all 3d acceleration configurations (Open GL and Direct3D) with the lowest performance options.... This solved the problem.
Maybe it was a driver problem.... dunno for sure.
Maybe someone can give me an opinion about this post?...thanx :)

The fact you lowered your demands and got better results pushes you towards drivers, and that was the reason I left ATI just too many driver related issuses in the ganes we like to play not saying Nvidia has less just less in the games we like to play in our case. Keep trying driver set and settings till you find what you need to play the games you like and then dont touch them till you play a game that has troubles then start over.

ok guys problem solved. i returned the ATI card to the store and got a refund.
I bought a MSI nx6600 diamond edition instead...

Good for you I dont blame ya at all .. I like the 67.03 drivers for our Nvidia cards they just seem to be the best all around for us.

if i have a 6800 is it worth upgrading to a 6800gt?

Thats all depends on your means my friend if you want a few extra FPS then why not hell if ya got the $ get the Ultra thats a step up in a way, I find our 6800 128mb Fanless Gigabyte a very good card , of course my MSI 6800GT 256mb is better. If your not satisfied with the 6800 dont think you will be with the 6800GT either lolol , your like me you just want more!!!!!!!

If your asking me is the 6800GT a good card the answer is a OH HELL YEAH!! it is and its 256mb that does help.

but overall there isn't too much difference between the 6800 and the 6800gt?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back