ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Retail Price Drops

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Dlovely, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Dlovely

Dlovely Guest

2. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Good, but I'll stick with Nvidia, I trust them because they supplied the video card on my computer.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

that is some reason to stick to a company... coz they supplied the video card to your computer :D

4. kyndl7

kyndl7 OSNN Junior Addict

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

6. kitct

kitct Guest

Is the 9800 Pro better than the 9700 Pro? I have the 97 now an I was thinkin of getting another for diff rig.

7. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

The 9800 Pro is faster than the 9700 Pro.

I will stick with ATi, I would like to be able to play new games without having to use cheat drivers.... it rough when nVidia's hardware doesn't even meet DX9 spec.

8. Sazar

it does meet the specs m8...

the question has always been how well... and it continues to be shown that there are certain design decisions made that do not quite allow the architecture to work as well i n dx9 situations as it does in dx8/8.1 situations...

the new shader replacement/re-ordering alogorithms do allow for a boost in performance which I am glad has occured... for the consumers who bought the nv3x series cards (generally you will need an nv31 or higher to get the boost... nv34 unlikely to show much improvement) but it is still behind ati and ati has yet to unleash its own algorithms...

9. kitct

kitct Guest

Hmm...thanks guys.I was(and still am) a big fan of GeForce3's (still have 2,a Visiontec and an MSI) since they first came out but these ATI's are pretty nice an I dont have to update drivers every time I turn around. :)

Seems weird that my old GeForce3's appear better than some of these new GeForce4's.Must be some kinda marketing ploy. :p

10. Sazar

it'll be better than the gf4 MX cards...

but not better than the gf4 ti cards... :)

overall there is not that much difference in architecture beyond some tweaks here and there... and faster memory :D

11. kitct

kitct Guest

Hmm...ok.Thanks! :)