ATI Radeon 9700 Pro : The opinions

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
I just went onto www.tomshardware.com and saw their review of the new Radeon and how it ranks up to Nvidia Geforce 4 TI4600. It looks like the Radeon has visibly higher scores then the Geforce. Fine. I am just wondering, unless it is going to come with computer systems from places like Dell, which I somehow doubt it will in the next two months or so, is any one going to go out and get it? I think its really hard to catch up to the graphics card market unless you get a new card very often. I'm a supporter of Nvidia and what they make, and really, I think unless the graphics industry takes a giant huge leap, I am holding onto my Geforce 4 Ti4400 for a year and a half at least. By that time, Nvidia is probably going to make something thats going to kick the poo of out the Radeon, and the 4400. :p Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject, as to what to get, when, etc, and any future predictions on both cards...or just about anything else?

Thanks For Your Time
Nick

It looks a good card, but only if your monitor is any good at running higher Rez's. It actually gets a lower score than a Geforce 4 Ti4600 in one test (Jedi Knight II) at 1024 X 768.

Also, it posts a smaller than i expected 2300 point gain in 3dMark over the Ti4600 unlike the 17500 points that were flying around some websites who were claiming to have tested the card, it actually pops in around 14300.

Dont get me wrong its a far superior card, and that was the ONLY test where the Ti4600 came out on top but if you only going to play at 1280 X 1024 and below i'd wait for the price to come down or plump for the Ti4600 which you can get now for 200 pounds in the UK. (I've been lead to believe that the 9700 will come in around 300 quid).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back