ATI Radeon 9700 and 9700 Pro

S

silky62678

What is the difference between 9700 and 9700 pro. Is it worth getting a 9700 pro?

Originally posted by silky62678
What is the difference between 9700 and 9700 pro. Is it worth getting a 9700 pro?

clock speeds basically and memory quality...

the 9700pro has better memory (or should do so) hence it can clock higher...

namely the clocks are 325/310mhz core/memory for the 9700pro and 275/270mhz for the 9700 vanilla (non-pro)

the differnece in bandwidth is 19.2 gb/s for the 9700pro and 17.6gb/s for the non-pro.. bascally due to the lowered clock speeds..

it is still a fabulous card if you can get the 9700 non-pro...

if you see the price difference is only a few dollars.. go for the 9700pro.. else the 9700 is a good enough solution...

I would have to agree. I have a 9700np with the crappest type of memory you can get. Some of them have faster 2.6ns memory rather than my 3.3ns. Even with this memory I have successfully overclocked it to 9700 pro speeds and slightly beyond 338/310. Just recently falshed the bios with a 9700pro bios, you couldnt tell the difference between this and a pro now. 3dmark scores in sig to testify

Originally posted by jasonkruys
I would have to agree. I have a 9700np with the crappest type of memory you can get. Some of them have faster 2.6ns memory rather than my 3.3ns. Even with this memory I have successfully overclocked it to 9700 pro speeds and slightly beyond 338/310. Just recently falshed the bios with a 9700pro bios, you couldnt tell the difference between this and a pro now. 3dmark scores in sig to testify

you have the same card basically... the bios is basically keeping the clocks @ the level which will not likely damage the card.. :)

the memory you can't really do much about... the oc you are getting is around 50/30 mhz above the stock clocks... which is not too bad I reckon...

on my card I am have pushed it to approx. 360/345-ish w/o any probs :D don't care to go any higher @ this time...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back