Athlon 64 3700+ 754

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Maveric169, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

I am looking to upgrade my desktop that is showing it's age and was hoping to do it on the cheap, as I am not making much money these days.

I currently have a the 3000+ and was looking to upgrade it the 3700+ as that is as far as I can go with this mobo. The problem is, I can't find this processor cheap:suprised:! Best I am finding is like $200 for it and I can get a new mobo and processor combo for that price in a 939 platform. I am just trying to make a cheap upgrade ($100 range) as I can't afford a full blow upgrade like I want to.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can look or is this whole line just a lost cause? If so, any recommendations for an upgrade?

2. Arniestan1

Arniestan1 OSNN Addict

I just bought an AthlonII-240/2.8ghz from newwegg for $53. It's an OEM as I have HSF left over from a previous retail CPU. Anywho Have looked in newegg?

3. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

With all due respect, Arnie, that is not at all what he had asked.

Maveric, in my personal opinion, I would just hold off on spending money on that setup. I can speak from experience, it is definitely not worth the cost of the upgrade.

For $200 on newegg.com, you can actually move up to a AM3 AMD CPU/ASUS Mobo/ 2 GIG DDR2 RAM setup.

I would actually wait for that, instead of quick fix.

Heeter

4. Arniestan1

Arniestan1 OSNN Addict

I was trying to keep him under $100 and suggesting to look in newegg. However I would agree also to hold out for a bit more funds to do a better upgrade aswell.

5. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

Thanks guys, that is what I figured also, was just hoping I could grab a uber-cheap cpu for like $50 or so, I didn't think the price would be so jacked up on such an old processor line. Ohh well, it will be worth the wait.

6. benkaka89

benkaka89 OSNN One Post Wonder

thank for useful sharing information
    -----------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010