Athlon 2400+ temperatures

champ2005

| xs |
While idling in win2k, the CPU temperature sits around 58-60 c and m/b sits around 49-52. This does not look good - but i know that Athlon XPs are known to run hot. Is this normal or not?

Also, is it better to run ram at 266mhz (synced with fsb) or 333mhz (not synced)

1) if it is a thoroughbred core, it will run hotter than a barton. Although not out of spec, idle temps that high would bother me. I would invest in more/better ventilation. Are you using the stock cooler?

2) I would say it is better to run the ram synced

*edit* If it is a tbred core, you can probably run the mem synced and *IF* you get your temps straightened out, bump the FSB up a bit.

well i got standard cooler (with new heatsink compound i found lying around), one 80mm at the back, one 120mm at the front, so cooling is fairly good id say.

unfortunately amd athlon xp's dont support that :(
Its just a concern because im sure it gets to around 60-65 playing games.

I would be more concerned for your HD's - at 50oC you start to risk destorying them :eek: - check your temp reporting software and see if it reports temps on the HD(s) - mine does and it is worth cross checking against mobo temps, they can vary quite a bit if mobo reports from NB site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back