Ata133

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TheBlueRaja, Jun 20, 2002.

1. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

I have recently bought a new ATA133 Hard Disk and compatable motherboard, but how can i tell if its running at ATA133 and not ATA100 or god forbid 66?

Is there a utility that you know off or any way of telling what speed this disk is running at?

I have a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP motherboard and a DiamondMax Plus D740X hard disk.

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Open the deivce manager, and under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers select the channel that your HDD is on. Open the properties and under the Advanced Settings tab. Look at the Current Transfer Mode. UDMA Mode 3 is ATA/33, 4 is ATA/66, 5 is ATA/100, and so on

JJB6486

3. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Thanks mate,
    It says Ultra DMA Mode 5, is this ATA133?

4. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I have 2 Maxtor ATA133 HDs on a Soyo KT333 Motherboard. I have an Asus burner and Toshiba DVD on IDE 1 and Sony CDRom and Zip250 connected to IDE2. Attached are the properties for IDE1 & 2, but how do I find out if my hard drives are running at ATA133, since they are connected to the RAID controllers (IDE 3 & 4)?

5. GOTO10

GOTO10 Guest

You do know the perf. diff between 100 and 133 is non-existant right?

Your comp will never come CLOSE to reaching the theoretical bandwidth limit.....

6. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

My IBM GXP 120's @ ATA100 smoke my Maxtors @ ATA133!

7. Ekstreme

Ekstreme Guest

I have the same board as TheBlueRaja + a Maxtor viper 40g ata133 HDD. Under XP, it shows up as just Ultra DMA Mode. Is this right?. Any settings to Xp to enable it?