ASUS V9180 GeForce 4 MX440-8X Graphics Card

T

tones10

Hi, I have not kept up with the vid card scene for quite a while now, and I am buying some new components, new m/board
cpu, memory,and case, I am not sure if my old graphic card will
work with the new m/board until I dismantle the old case and check the part number ( Matrox G400 Dual head 32mb ) I
wont have a great deal of money to buy a new vid card, and
as the m/board is Asus and 4X/8X hence the explanation above
I was looking at this card ASUS V9180 GeForce 4 MX440-8X ,
I have read some reviews of the card and it seems that it is
not bad, retails here in UK at £55/58, has anyone any idea
of this cars and wether it is any good or not, and any other
vid cards you can recommend bearing in mind the price, I do
not play games on this system.
Many thanks.

Originally posted by tones10
Hi, I have not kept up with the vid card scene for quite a while now, and I am buying some new components, new m/board
cpu, memory,and case, I am not sure if my old graphic card will
work with the new m/board until I dismantle the old case and check the part number ( Matrox G400 Dual head 32mb ) I
wont have a great deal of money to buy a new vid card, and
as the m/board is Asus and 4X/8X hence the explanation above
I was looking at this card ASUS V9180 GeForce 4 MX440-8X ,
I have read some reviews of the card and it seems that it is
not bad, retails here in UK at £55/58, has anyone any idea
of this cars and wether it is any good or not, and any other
vid cards you can recommend bearing in mind the price, I do
not play games on this system.
Many thanks.

I would HIGHLY recommend buying a directx 8 card at least... I am sure you can find a gf4 ti 4200 or a low end ati 9000/9100 for your price range... the performance is as such... gf4 ti > 9100 > 9000... you can buy the gf4 ti 4200 in an agp8x flavor though this will not really net you a performance gain... it has no visible advantages in todays apps... and with the power of the gpu's you are unlikely to see a big gain in future apps either...

highly reccomend a gf4 ti4200 for low budget. below that is not great if you are playing games. if you are not a game player, and don't play alot, get a 9000.

Hi, Thanks for your replies, to Sazar I have looked about for
some cards, similar to what you recommend can you tell me what you think of these,

Sapphire Radeon 9100 Atlantis 64MB DDR
AGP, ATI 9100, DVI-D, TV-Out,

64 MB ATI Radeon 9000 RTL

Radeon 9000 Pro 64MB DDR DVI, I dont seem to be able to find any cards of the gf4 ti 4200 type in my price range.
Many thanks.

if you can't get the ti 4200... get the ati 9100.. either one will do since all the 8500/9100 cards are better than the 9000 series... :)

performance is perhaps not up to par with a ti4200... but the feature set is nice...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back