Asus Probe Probe-lem

G

Gouk

How come ASUS probe doesnt detect the fan speeds of my power and chassis fan? I know they are working well coz i can see them spiinning very fast.

Is there a fix.

Im using the latest version of the probe.

Are the fans connected to the three pin headers on the motherboard or directly to a hard drive power connector? The speed sensors are built into the 3rd pin of the motherboard headers, and if the 3rd pin is not supported or it plugs directly into the power supply's HDD connectors, it can't read the speed sensor

JJB6486

Damn, they go straight to the power supply. thats how i built my system.

Is there any way i can fix this?

No, those wont make hte sensors work. The plugs with the HDD-Style plugs dont have a sensor plug, just power. So unless the fan has a 3-pin connector directly on it with the 3rd pin enabled to plug into hte board, the speed sensors will not work.

JJB6486

is there a yellow wire coming from the fans?

usually isnt it red=power
black=ground
yellow=rpm

oh well good luck finding a solution

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back