ASUS P5E3 Motherboard question

I actually just bought a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer to replace my Freezer 7 Pro. Don't think the Freezer 7 Pro is quite cut out for a Core 2 Quad.... seeing as it seems to have difficulties keeping my Q9450 below the low 50's-very high 40's. Granted it is summer.... but it's not that warm in my room.... and the bottom intake fan on my CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 is basically blowing the air right in the path of the CPU fan.

Wow nice Moon Wraith. Let me do your cabling next time he he:laugh:

I just finished this yesterday for a friend of mine. Did it in my office at work.
Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 at 2.5 GHZ
Mobo:EVGA Nvidia TRI SLI 790i FTW [For The Win] lol
CD/DVD ROMS: Two Duallayer LiteOn At 20x burn
HDD: Two Samsung 7200rpm drivs 250gigs running in RAID 0
backup drive:Seagate 1Terabyte 7200 rpmdrive partioned into two. 465 gigs each.
Ram:4 gigs of OCZ DDR3
Case: Cooler Master
Powersupply:850Watt Themaltake Cross Fire and Quad SLI ready power supply. [modular cable management]

Now for the beast:
Video Card: PowerColor ATI/AMD -4870x2 with 1 gig fram buffer for each GPU.

[Yes its 32bit windows with 4gigs of ram. I know but behind the scenes its being utilized. He doesn't quite trust Vista 64bit yet]

Attachments

• Dscn1530.jpg
    Dscn1530.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Dscn1531.jpg
    Dscn1531.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Dscn1532.jpg
    Dscn1532.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Dscn1533.jpg
    Dscn1533.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Dscn1534.jpg
    Dscn1534.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 127
I like that case and video card, terra. If I was to get the new EVGA 790i ultra ftw tri sli; I would have two or more 280 gtx cards to take advantage of it.

Personally my taste to Johnny but it wasn't my call. He wanted 4870 x2 :)

Terra: excellent choice of case.... whether it was his choice or yours. How'd you like working in it? i freakin loved it compared to other cases i've had. Far too many cases are far too cramped in the mobo tray area. And If i were him, i woulda went for something a bit better CPU wise, like maybe the Q9450. Bit larger cache... which i think may have helped out that 4870 X2 a bit more than the Q9300.

Also don't see why he doesn't trust Vista x64 yet. I've been running it all on it's own (no more dual-booting Vista and XP) for over a year now, and haven't had a single issue.... not to mention reinstalls are less frequent due to Vista's seemingly uncanny ability to still perform well after long periods of time. Seriously don't miss XP one bit.

Updated pic of my rig with Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer CPU heatsink.

IMG_0746.jpg

and the temp difference it made going from an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (left) to the core contact freezer (right)

tempdifference.jpg

I totally love this case Elemental. Very roomy. I also agree on the cpu to match the video card but I don't thing any processor out now can keep up with the crunching power of these gpu's. A faster processor would have helped though. Have to agree there.
Some people are head scratchers lol. He runs alot of musically apps and I think he read somewhere that some of his stuff might have issues and it spooked him. It was his first choice before deciding it will be XPPro. Yup I also mentioned about changing the stock cooler and hopefully he will.

Looks great Terra, great work :p if you're ever in the UK, come sort out my cables.. (NOT A SEXUAL EUPHAMISM)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back