Asus or Epox?

digerati

OSNN Addict
About to pull the trigger on an mobo upgrade and just trying to decide between an Asus A8N-E mobo and an Epox 9NPA+.

I'm not looking for sli and dont plan on overclocking much, if at all. I mainly want stable performance and good speed.

Any compelling reason to go one or the other?

I've had both Asus and Epox mobos in past and had good experiences with both, so hard for me to decide.

I have always found Asus to be reliable, I have tried other boards but non seem to be as good as Asus.

I'd also have to go with Asus, never had any different, never had any problems..

I agree with with Kush trackrat and BMan, ASUS.

When my mobo died, I went to asus, for half the price of my first board I got a crapload more features (Dual Channel, Soundstrorm OnBoard, nForce Chipset. Mostly things the first board didn't have or had crappy versions of.)

This board (see sig) is much better then the Gigabyte one I originally got.

Epox? isn't that a disease...

i'd say Asus. That's going to be my next choice, i've always gone with Gigabyte, and they are great, but i just feel like a change. And i hear nothing but good things about Anus.

the only complaint I'd have to put in, which in the end really dosen't matter is there website is crap, always slow and having problems.

Asus otherwise is one of the best.

man no one noticed my spelling mistake... so very juvi :)

I've an Epox mobo and it's good for a relatively cheap piece of kit, no problems but if you want a slightly better board with a few more features then go for asus.

EPOX is ok. It will not have the features and overclock functions of an ASUS. Since ASUS has a line of "low end" MB's now they have good pricing too.

Epox has 1394 firewire built in (supposedly firewire is dieing out), an extra pci-e 1x slot, a comm port (haven't used one of those in 6 years).

The price difference is small (a few $) go for the ASUS.

If you want stable and inexpensive you could look at Gigabyte also.

Last edited:
LeeJend said:
If you want stable and inexpensive you could look at Gigabyte also.

My first board was twice the cost of my ASUS and it's features were limited. I'm no longer a fan of Gigabyte.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back