Asus EN8500 - which one is for video

q12368c

OSNN Addict
I dont know how to connect the s-video cable to my TV, it have red,blue,green color, which one is for video and sound?

thank

All those colors are video actually. It's what is called component. The Yellow/Red/White is called composite which is what you want. However where does S-Video fit in this?

how should i connect to my TV? AV in have the video (yellow) and sound (red,white)

I dont really understand your last post, but if you have three cables Yellow (video) and Red & White (L&R Audio Channels) then you would just plug those into the back or front of your TV. If you tv does not have the three colored inputs then you are either out of luck, or you will need to find a Coaxial adapter. Although, RCA cables by themselves don't look that great, then coupled with going to a coaxial adapter if you need to will look pretty crappy.

can u tell us what plugs ur tv has?

where you are plugging into on the video card may look like svideo but it's not. that's why the special cable is included. it takes much less space to put that plug on than to put the red/green/blue plugs.

All three colors are video. you're not going to get any sound from any of those. if your TV doesn't have component inputs, you'll have to get an adapter or use the DVI or get an adapter for the DVI if your TV has neither.

to get sound, you'll have to split the output from your sound card if you don't have 2 outputs. you can get that at radio shack. I think it's a 3.5mm male to two 3.5mm female adapter plug along with a male 3.5mm to red/white RCA plugs

Last edited:
what any additional hardware i should buy to connect to my TV?
please give me the picture of the hardware if have. thank

what any additional hardware i should buy to connect to my TV?
please give me the picture of the hardware if have. thank

to split the audio from your sound card:
CC400Y_LR.jpg

plug one end into the above cable and the other into the red/white on the tv
CC399-05_LR.jpg

as far as connecting the video, I don't know what connections your tv has

thank, my TV only have the video in (yellow color) and two for sound (red and white)

um... looks like you're gonna need a s-video to composite (aka rca, or the yellow cable) cable/adapter

i think the vid card has an s-video tv out

i think the vid card has an s-video tv out

someone in another board in another language did say that while the plugs are different, you should still be able to fit an s-video into the HD-out. if you can get an S-Video to Composite then you're set.

or just go out and buy a new HDTV :)

Last edited:
then what hardware I should buy now? any image of the hardware?my TV is a very general TV with basic function, no any HDTV,HDMI...

dear all,

I can successfully display video on my TV.
I use my old Dell Notebook s-video (7 pin) to Video cable(connect to TV yellow in). The s-video connector is same as the one usingin Asus VGA card.
thank for all of yours help.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back