ASUS A7N8X urgent assistance required.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Flatbeat_Eddy, May 16, 2003.

1. Ok, basicly im having difficulty with the temp readout on the BIOS screen, its jumping irratcally from 40c to 50c?

however when i Check my Temp from the ASUS PC probe software that come with the mobo it reports a Steady 42c?

What am i to believe, I heard that the newer bios updates screw with the temp readout but thats unconfirmed.?

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

that's weird that the bios is giving erratic readings. especially since the software doesn't and they both read from the same sensor, i'm sure. :huh:

3. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

OI have the same board and the same problem. I called their tech support and the guy told me that it is a known issue and it will be fixed in a later patch. He told me to use ASUS Probe as a temp reader, it is the most accurate. Hope this helps

4. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

the same problem just diffenrent sources. Pc Probe is showing my cpu temp is 49C, but the temp guage on my computer shows around 53 and 56. since this is hardware that is tell me a different temp, which one should i beieve ?

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

if you have the same board, take bootsy's word for it. trust the software for now until a future patch (bios update?) comes out.

6. Holy S**t dude, 49c isnt too great imo. did you not use thermal paste~? :eek:

Im running at 32c right now and thats on an Overclocked 2500 to 2800 :)

7. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

Yeah, im thinking that's not a good temp. I put paste on the CPU and heatsink, but i thin i put too little. At first i thought cause i put it together lastnight, but i may have to repaste it.

8. Goatman

Goatman Ska Daddy

are you using the stock AMD heatsink?

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

unless your case is loud as hell, i wouldn't trust the temps your getting. :rolleyes: just my advice.