Assistance with a 19"?

S

smaulz

I'm going to be purchasing a new 19" monitor within the next week or so, but I've been out of the loop for awhile, so I don't really know alot about all the new stuff out. I've got it narrowed down to a few choices, all of them KDS, all of them around the same price point. (<$300)

I run my own graphic design business, so I need a large monitor with great color control, sharpness, and contrast. It also needs to be as close to crystal clear (sharp) as possible. I'd definitely prefer a flat screen CRT if I can find one inexpensive enough that's still high quality.

The three I've narrowed it down to are:
(And please, don't let these choices limit your advice. If you have
a favorite brand or anything, feel free to let me know as long as they meet the above criteria.)

KDS VS-19sn
19" (18.0" vis) Short-Neck Color Monitor

The VS-19sn represents a revolutionary breakthrough in balancing the need for larger display size with decreasing desk space. Incorporating a new 19-inch short-neck CRT, it occupies roughly the same footprint as a conventional 17-inch monitor. Its super-fine 0.25 mm dot pitch and advanced on-screen controls make the VS-19sn a good match for todays graphics professional. The VS-19sn is fully protected under KDS' exclusive KARES program, insuring peace of mind in addition to excellent performance.

Link

KDS XF-9P
19.0" Xtreme Flat Display

The 19" XF-9p with Trio Dot Pitch Technology allows the screen to be extremely flat when compared to other standard CRT monitors. The extreme flat screen virtually eliminates all glares making it easier on the eyes. The XF-9p features a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz and a .25 Trio Dot Pitch perfect for high graphic files or advanced excel sheets.

Link

KDS AV-195TF
19" (18.0" vis) Color Monitor

The AV-195TF employs FD Trinitron® technology for high- end graphics use. Representing the latest in monitor technology, the new AV-195TF offers 18.0 viewable inches of flat screen viewing space. A .24 mm aperture grille pitch along with a maximum resolution of 1600x1200 compliments the display. The flat screen coupled with the use of FD Trinitron® tube technology means the user gets a crisp picture without the curvature of a standard CRT monitor. The AV-195TF is fully protected under KDS' exclusive KARES program, insuring peace of mind in addition to excellent performance.

Link

This model has been discontinued but is still available at a great price - $199. Plus, I'm quite fond of Trinitrons

Any assistance anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated, seeing as how I've been staring at the specs for so long, i'm starting to go crosseyed.
:)

Thanks in advance.

The third one has my choice as its obviously has more features than the first and second choice, also very useful for your graphics designs.

Although the site tells me that the number three selection is discountinued and it doesn't leave an option for buying it. If its not selection number three, I'd take number two as the first one kind of seems abit out of the loop.

Yodums

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back