Aspire One Netbook

N

Not Bman

My grandmother just bought the Acer Aspire One Netbook,

Intel Atom M450 1.66Ghz
1GB RAM
160GB Hard Drive & Windows 7 Starter.

Now I noticed that you can't right click on the desktop and press Personalize and it does not have Aero.

Will this system take Windows 7 Ultimate and run ok, or at least as good as it runs now, Yes I did the advisor and tells me I can run Ultimate, but that does not really say if it will run good, or as good as it is without Aero... Is there another way to install windows onto a netbook without a USB stick?

*I started the install from a USB Hard Drive, and it rebooted and ran perfect. System seems to run pretty good, can always turn off Aero anyways.

You can delete this thread now. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wifes Aspire (same hardwrae) barely runs XP. Forget Aero. I'm impressed it will run Win 7 Starter ok.

Can't be the same hardware then. Cause Windows 7 Ultimate with Aero enabled is running great, even a bit of multitasking is ok.

My wifes Aspire (same hardwrae) barely runs XP. Forget Aero. I'm impressed it will run Win 7 Starter ok.

I find that surprising... Remember when XP first came out? Lots of folks were running XP on 750-850mhz cpu's and 256-512 of RAM. XP runs fine on my Asus eee.

whats the graphics chip on that netbook? cos my mom has a similar one, works good on windows 7 but aero kills it

I used my friend's one and omg, it was sooooo slow! Not worth getting a netbook imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back