Aspire One Netbook

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bman, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

My grandmother just bought the Acer Aspire One Netbook,

Intel Atom M450 1.66Ghz
    1GB RAM
    160GB Hard Drive & Windows 7 Starter.

Now I noticed that you can't right click on the desktop and press Personalize and it does not have Aero.

Will this system take Windows 7 Ultimate and run ok, or at least as good as it runs now, Yes I did the advisor and tells me I can run Ultimate, but that does not really say if it will run good, or as good as it is without Aero... Is there another way to install windows onto a netbook without a USB stick?

*I started the install from a USB Hard Drive, and it rebooted and ran perfect. System seems to run pretty good, can always turn off Aero anyways.

You can delete this thread now. Sorry about that.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

My wifes Aspire (same hardwrae) barely runs XP. Forget Aero. I'm impressed it will run Win 7 Starter ok.

3. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Can't be the same hardware then. Cause Windows 7 Ultimate with Aero enabled is running great, even a bit of multitasking is ok.

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I find that surprising... Remember when XP first came out? Lots of folks were running XP on 750-850mhz cpu's and 256-512 of RAM. XP runs fine on my Asus eee.

5. epk

epk Moderator Political User Folding Team

whats the graphics chip on that netbook? cos my mom has a similar one, works good on windows 7 but aero kills it

6. adamlambert

adamlambert OSNN One Post Wonder

I used my friend's one and omg, it was sooooo slow! Not worth getting a netbook imo.