aspi 470

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by snsrunner, Apr 7, 2002.

1. snsrunner

snsrunner Guest

Each time my computer starts up I get a dialog box titled Winzip Self Extractor that reads "to unzip all files in aspi_470.exe to the specified folder press the unzip button". I pressed the button and the box doesn't go away. I have to press the close button about six times before it will go away and get me to a log on screen. I am not sure how I got to this point of having this box come up or what I did to cause it to come up. I did download a winzip program thinking that would take care of it. It didn't. Any help appreciated!!!

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

type msconfig in you run menu and see if anything is set to autoload that on startup..kinda weird thing to autoload though...you could always just try deleting the file if all else fails

3. snsrunner

snsrunner Guest

Well I did try to delete the file and thought I did but it still comes up and now I am afraid that I might have gotten rid of something I didn't want to because we are having other problems. I can't shut down the computer and have to flip the switch on the back of the tower to get it to turn off. I have tried to do a restore system procedure and it won't even do that. So I am not sure what has happened. Thanks for responding.