asp net machine A account??

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

Could someone be able to tell me what this account means in my user accounts. Can I delete it? Is it the reason why my Fastuser switching/Logon screen comes on on Boot up, even though I am the only user on here?

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Hello. This account is added by .net. You should not remove it but you can hide it from the welcome screen / fast user switching.

The ASP.NET Machine Account is the account ASP.NET pages (.aspx,.ascx etc.) and .NET Webservices are executed under. This account is created by the .NET Framework installation while IIS is configured to run AP.NET web applications. Unless you want to develop and run ASP.NET pages on your local IIS installation deleting the account should have no side affects but I would recommend to delete the IIS Script mappings for the .aspx etc. extensions referring to aspnet_wp.exe as well.

Where do I find these script mappings do delete as well, Enyo? I am never going to use such a thing on this computer. I deleted the account as well. Can't find it in the Add remove programs.

Thanks Enyo.

Heeter

Enyo,

Should I just remove the .net framework from add/remove as well?

Heeter

They are only installed if you have IIS installed. Could not of settled for disabling the account huh? :p

I tried that acually. Still would not stop the logon screen. Tried disabling the Fast user services as well, nothing, still the same. That account did not come up on the logon screen, only mine by itself. If the two accounts would of come up together, then disabling it would of been accomplished.

U know me, E. I go about life the hard way, then I regret it at the end. :)

Heeter

heh. Won't be a problem anyway about 2% of people use it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back