Are there any know problems with motherboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lee_uk, Nov 7, 2002.

1. lee_uk

lee_uk Guest

i have a ecs motherboard and the chipset is sis 735 and i was wondering if there are any problems with is motherboard and a geforce 4 ti4600 because i cant get it to boot up (xp) into normal mode but can get it to bootup into safe why?

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

urmm, have you loaded the 41.72 drivers for your card while in safe or any mode. That might fix the problem. Also if you can get on the net with it try to do a windows update and look for anything that might help

3. rettahc

rettahc Guest

I've got an ECS board (k7S5A) and a Leadtek G4 4600ti and it runs fine for me.
    Did you just get this motherboard? What motherboard is it exactly?
    Mine is real picky about the power supply needs a real powerfull one.

4. rettahc

rettahc Guest

I just reread your post, and I had the exact same problem when I first put togeather my system, in my case it was the power supply unit, the board needs and PSU capable of putting out at least 28.8 amps on the 3.3v line.

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I also think this is a power issue; but try loading up the drivers anyway :p

6. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

If it is power, get a nice silent enermax or antec one. lovely power supplies, but the main thing is to get one with two fans in it.

One as an exhaust at the back, and one inside the PC suckin air out of the case (into the PSU) near the CPU heatsink. All Antec and Enermax are like this to my knowledge.

7. lee_uk

lee_uk Guest

thanks for the help but all it was a cable. but thanks anyway