Are the drivers from windowws update safe to use ?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
i downloaded and installed the latest nforce software for my board yesterday and when i went to windows update its saying there is an updated sata driver for my board, having had some bad experiences with drivers from windows update in the past i am not sure if i should take the plunge or leave it as things seem to be going along ok

If they are for vista, I have never had problems updaing my sata drivers on there with windows update.

soon find out :)

edit: so far so good :p

Last edited:
Oh and they are infact newer than the ones that NVIDIA have released themselves - even fixed an issue I was having with the drives spinning down at bad moments or causing hangs on shutdown.

:) seems a-ok here atm (touch wood) nforce drivers i got were 15.01 which were the only ones for the board, and i know they do get updated drivers from manufactors i was just not sure about them, as i said i had a bad expirence once with an MS driver

the windows drivers are fine but don't expect them to always be the newest best thing out there...the safest way to check on drivers is to look at the manufacturer's website (not the motherboard manufacturer, but the chipset manufacturer) they usually have the newest and best drivers out there.

i installed the lastest drivers from nvidia site, and win update claimed to have newer, unless they have used files from the sli 6 series of boards, mine is series five, so far all seems to be going along fine without issue

I generally don't expect windows update ones to be newer, but they have been in this case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back