Are games gettin old?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey Im just here to ask everyones opinions. Are games gettin to boring? Cause like, the only games i play are D2,a nd counter-strike even though i have alot fo games including Ps2,a nd gamecube. What do you guys think?

Re: Are games getting old?

Originally posted by _DM_
Hey Im just here to ask everyones opinions. Are games getting to boring? Cause like, the only games i play are D2,a nd counter-strike even though i have alot fo games including Ps2,a nd gamecube. What do you guys think?

Yes, they are. I gave them up and now explore the deep, dark, shadowy crevices of the XP registry.

I got that way for a while, then I realized that all I was doing was playing the same kinds of games over and over.

I've been having a gaming renaissance lately. Been branching into strategy, adventure, sports--anything I can get my hands on. Things that never interested me before are now irresistible. I go to Electronics Boutique and GoGamer.com and buy cheap little five-to-ten-dollar games that are a sheer joy to play.

I dont think its that there getting boring but the fact of what people are doing these days. I find more and more kids are chillin with friends and doing school crap or anything else instead of Video games. Myself, just got bored of things like Ps2,gamecude because I was interesting in computers. After I got into computers, of course I starting playing all my old games and new ones on the computer. I think alot of people are playing more games on computer than other systems. Besides that, yea there getting/gotten boring or just less thought off.

I have all the Tom Clancy games. I only played maybe three of them, the rest I never even installed .. So yes they are getting old ...

Yes. No games can entertain me anymore, now its all about going out with friends, and manging my 2 websites and my server. Thats hard enough, and if I have time, talk to people on IM. But games? Not really.

-lieb39

why not?? There are alot of good games for the computer, its just a bit newer for pc thats all.

Originally posted by lechtard
I don't really feel PC's are for games anyhow ...

Depends. They are sometimes more powerful than game consoles, higher resolution, etc. and can support most of the hardware (PS2 controller, etc) however, its just easier to sit down on the couch and play a game, rather than be in a computer chair, being upright and stuff... on the other hand, what were pc's made for? Work and stuff, never thought of games. I personally use my 3 systems for work/school more than gaming, but that's just me. ;)

-lieb39

Deus Ex 2
Half-Life 2
Doom 3
(Quake4?)
Halo

Those are the only games I am really looking forward to, off the top of my head... I may even be too busy for games one day.

Got the addon for generals yesterday, not had the chance to install it yet :S

Re: Re: Are games getting old?

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Yes, they are. I gave them up and now explore the deep, dark, shadowy crevices of the XP registry.

Too right the best game I got was a fully legit copy of XPP, now I can mess and wreck to my hearts content... :D

Here's just a small list of games I am really looking forward too:

Halo 2
Project Gotham Racing 2
Amped 2
XII
Beyong Good and Evil
Need for Speed: Underground
Ture Crime
Rallysport Challenge 2
Dues Ex 2
Half Life 2
Doom 3
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Starcraft Ghost
Prince of Persia
SSX 3
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Ninja Gaiden

So, to answer your question: NO.

Games are getting better and more fun by the day. However, I do see a trend were games are being tailored more and more for the 'casual' gamer. Thus, they are being made more and more for the mass market, and one of the biggest supporters of this is EA, the largest third party game publisher in the world. So what your going to see is, that game developers are not going to try to make new and innovative games, but games that are going to make them money, and after all they are in the games business just to do that.

But, that means we are going to get a lot of clones in the near future. The only way developers can now make new and innovative games is if they first make a clone, and if it sells well, THEN only can they experiment. What that means is that for people like us -the gamers- is that we might have to face a lot of GTA clones :S

In the future games will be a whole new virtual experience. None of his primitive looking into monitor nonsense. People will be immersed in a virtual experience where you can feel the heat of a laser run through or the smell of each individual flower in the truly photorealistic natural environment which you can touch and feel with heightened senses. Ones entire physical being will be involved in realtime movement and ones performance will be affected by actual stamina in addition mental capabilities....for all we know computer gaming could end up in the Olympics and wars will be settled in the cyber realms of virtual reality...DARE TO DREAM :)

Originally posted by coathanger007
In the future games will be a whole new virtual experience. None of his primitive looking into monitor nonsense. People will be immersed in a virtual experience where you can feel the heat of a laser run through or the smell of each individual flower in the truly photorealistic natural environment which you can touch and feel with heightened senses. Ones entire physical being will be involved in realtime movement and ones performance will be affected by actual stamina in addition mental capabilities....for all we know computer gaming could end up in the Olympics and wars will be settled in the cyber realms of virtual reality...DARE TO DREAM :)

way to lay it on, brotha. I agree entirely

Now that I've though about it - life is just one big computer game. In the end two converge to become one - and equilibrium will be restored to the world. :)

Well, realism does not always = fun.

You must be an older generation gamer then - graphics = the future. You can have the best gameplay but if you're still using Wolfenstein 3D graphics = drop dead BORING :)

aren't you the same one who said computers are dead in this thread?? :rolleyes:
http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=350150#post350150

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back