Arabic Style (Shi sha And Shawerma)

~bk said:
Where did you eat it? Just wondering..
smile.gif
I lived in Dubai for 4 years of my life.
wink.gif

LordOfLA said:
Lucky SOB!! :D
Yeah, there used to be a restaurant we used to go to that specialized in shawarmas and fresh fruit juices/sundaes. It was an absolute treat!

With all this talk, I miss shawarmas too.
laugh.gif

I haven't found a place that sells the authentic stuff anywhere around here. To be honest, I haven't looked hard enough. Maybe it's time to go on a shawarma hunt...

I'm gonna have to save up to go some time.

/me pictures himself walkingt hrough passport control:

"Is your journey business or pleasure?"
"I'm going to raid the Shawarma place cos i'm told they're **** hot!!"
"Right on man, wtf you still here for?"

:D

NetRyder said:
I lived in Dubai for 4 years of my life.
wink.gif

Hey, that's crazy! I never knew that!
smile.gif
It's a pretty good place. I haven't lived over there, couple of my friends live there right now.

NetRyder said:
Yeah, there used to be a restaurant we used to go to that specialized in shawarmas and fresh fruit juices/sundaes. It was an absolute treat!

With all this talk, I miss shawarmas too.
laugh.gif

I haven't found a place that sells the authentic stuff anywhere around here. To be honest, I haven't looked hard enough. Maybe it's time to go on a shawarma hunt...

Haha, it's the same case here. Haven't been able to find a place/restaurant which sells shawarmas.

c'mon bk im sure there must be at least one place in calgary that sells arabic food

Fishboy: Originally from Pakistan, but my family moved to Saudi Arabia when I was a couple months old. Stayed there till I was 4, moved to Bahrain(loved it) till I was 9, then lived in Dubai for a year(my favorite place by far), and finally moved back to Saudi Arabia for another 3 years. And now I've been in Canada for 3 and a half years ;)

Kunal: That's sweet man, I never knew that. Dubai is blatantly the **** :D

~bk said:
Hey, that's crazy! I never knew that!
Grandmaster said:
Kunal: That's sweet man, I never knew that.
Yeah, I guess I never really mentioned it, eh?
smile.gif

I was born in Mumbai (Bombay), India. My dad got a job posting in Dubai when I was in 1st grade, so the whole family moved there. Returned home to Mumbai after I finished 4th grade. Did 5th through 10th there, then moved here to Los Angeles, and have been here for 3 years now.

Grandmaster said:
Fishboy: Originally from Pakistan, but my family moved to Saudi Arabia when I was a couple months old. Stayed there till I was 4, moved to Bahrain(loved it) till I was 9, then lived in Dubai for a year(my favorite place by far), and finally moved back to Saudi Arabia for another 3 years. And now I've been in Canada for 3 and a half years ;)

Kunal: That's sweet man, I never knew that. Dubai is blatantly the **** :D
**** that's awesome i lived in khobar, saudi arabia all my lifei go to bahrain from time to time, maybe we've met sometime but we dont know it

hey any1 tried the roos bukhari, atleast thats what i think its called. hey mafia did u try the kabsa from al-tazzaz? its kinda nice, alot os stuff for only 10riyals.....

Yeah Shawarma is really great, Beef Shawarma is pretty popular in Hyderabad(india) and in Bangalore too I've eaten it a lot.

However, nowhere in India have I tasted the original Arab shawarma :drool:
(I lived in Saudi Arabia for 10 yrs before coming back to India)

Elektro- Roos Bukhari is also really good :)

Chicken Shawarmas just wrong.
Shawarma should be made out of lamb.

chicken shawerma is the bomb, nah i havent tried kabbsa yet, maybe before i leave,

FishBoy said:
**** that's awesome i lived in khobar, saudi arabia all my lifei go to bahrain from time to time, maybe we've met sometime but we dont know it
Yeh, I used to live in Khobar too.

~bk said:
Yeh, I used to live in Khobar too.
i just checked your website well you're 3yrs younger, so i doubt it that we've been to the same school

FishBoy said:
i just checked your website well you're 3yrs younger, so i doubt it that we've been to the same school
I used to go to this American school, Rahima Academy..

yeah we know rahima, some of our friends go to rahima

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back