Apps and Administrator Privileges

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by a1ehouse, Jul 30, 2002.

1. a1ehouse

a1ehouse Chamone M*tha Fu*ka

Hi peeps

I have a problem. I log on to XP using a limited account. When I install proggies I either have to log on as an administrator, or right click and run as, I can understand this - no probs there then!

However, when I come to use the apps e.g. nero/wintv/TMPGenc I get error messages to say hardware not found or log in as an administrator. Is there a way to set up XP to say all users can "use" all apps without having to log on as an administrator everytime I want to use an app?!? Anyone else have this problem?
  2. chooch

chooch Guest

Does the app actually launch? If not check the permissions on the shortcut, this could be done by right clicking on the shortcut and selecting properties, click on the security tab and change the settings accordingly, if the security tab is not available remove the check mark from the "Use simple file sharing" located under the Tools Menu\Folder Options\View Tab located in any Explorer window. Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention the security tab only appears on WinXP Pro from what I've seen.