Apple MightyMouse

new Apple mouse! looks pretty sweet

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

Seems like an awesome mouse. too bad Logitech didn't think of some of those ideas, like the touch sensitive buttons. that'd be cool to have an MX1000 with buttons that dont' make a sound. *ponders* GOD would that be awesome....

Does the mouse light up? Or anything like that?

Also Speedy, could you review it when you receive yours coz I want to see how it handles for games sensitivity.

Since I get logitech stuff dirt cheap anyways I am not very tempted to switch but if it was to glow all kindsa perdy colors, who knows :cool:

No more than the standard red glow from the bottom. I'll be posting here as soon as I get it, which should be tomorrow night as it was reported to be shipped today.

This thread is making me hungry.

Please let us know how it connects (USB?), wonder if it connects to a PC?

Heeter

It has WinXP support, but will not scroll diagonally in Windows like it does in OS X.

C'mon Bluetooth!!! :p

For those wanting a review while we await SPeedY_B's, here. I stole it from frontpage of /. hehe.

Xie said:
For those wanting a review while we await SPeedY_B's, here. I stole it from frontpage of /. hehe.

I read that earlier today... pretty comprehensive review.

muzikool said:
I read that earlier today... pretty comprehensive review.
Indeed, leaves me thinking I might have to stop by the Apple store for sure now though.

Xie said:
Indeed, leaves me thinking I might have to stop by the Apple store for sure now though.

Don't you hate being talked into spending money? ;)

I might get one along with a wired keyboard from macally and an iLap

Will be using it in about an hour when I get my hands on it, woo.

Geffy said:
I might get one along with a wired keyboard from macally and an iLap
I like their iceKey, very nice board indeed.

Ok, this thing is just odd :) First things I notice:

1. Right clicking doesn't work if your left finger is still on the mouse, which is an oddity I'll get used to, but it's a bit bizarre to get used to. I'm already getting used to it though.

2. The scroll wheel/ball/whateverthehellitis moves extremely easily, I was expecting some resistance, but it's smooth as can be and it doesn't kick in unless you actually press it down.

3. Middle clicking with the wheel/ball/whateverthehellitis involves actually pressing the wheel/ball/whateverthehellitis and then clicking the mouse down.

4. The side buttons require quite some force to get them to activate, which can only be a good thing to stop dashboard randomly violating me.

Other than that it's a nice solid mouse with excellent accuracy.

Top marks methinks. I'll post again after I've been using it a while to let you know if I get on with it, or if anything annoys me etc. :)

SPeedY_B said:
1. Right clicking doesn't work if your left finger is still on the mouse, which is an oddity I'll get used to, but it's a bit bizarre to get used to. I'm already getting used to it though.
Haha, that's interesting. So your fingers have to do a little dance then.

*Lift finger off right side, left click, right finger back down.*
*Lift finger off left side, right click, left finger back down.*

Think Different™ :D

Edit: Try doing the dance. It's fun. ;p

Last edited:
Left clicking doesn't require any liftage, that's just like a normal Apple Pro Mouse :)

Interesting about having to lift your left finger to right-click. I'm sure it becomes instinct in no time.

muzikool said:
Interesting about having to lift your left finger to right-click. I'm sure it becomes instinct in no time.
Been using it an hour, feels natural already :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back