Apple just pissed the **** out of me (Waste 10 min of time!)

Re: Apple just pissed the **** out of me

Get over it ;)

i said i was over it, what im saying is that they should make it clear, not try to be sneaky, trying to just make people say "oh well whatever who cares" i dont like that, i like to know exactly how much i will pay, i dont like sneaky moves, i dont mind pay taxes or paying more for something, just as long as i know how much im going to pay in the end

Grandmaster said:
The whole tax thing might be weird for you, but you'll get used to it. It used to throw me off as well. But every company does it, not just Apple.

You go buy a sandwhich, you pay tax. You go buy clothes, you pay tax. You buy anything, tax, tax, tax.

But no one ever includes tax in the price.

except in europe, where tax is included, so that when one counts ones money, you know exactly what you can get with it :p

So then click add to cart, go through the process, and see how much tax is. newegg is the same way.

I add all my **** to my cart, and I get $100, then comes the 8.9% sales tax, which I had not accounted for, means I can get less **** because of sales tax. It is crap, but it is the way it works in the US. In Europe all prices allready include sales tax, or at least in France, Germany, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Italy, and others, not sure about Britain.

You are shopping on an american site, this is standard operating policy here.

If the state charges tax and the company has a presence or if there is an overseas shipment and there is a fee assosciated, it will automatically be factored in.

This is a given.

And just because you have not been charged taxes means jackall. Buying from an e-tailler as opposed to a company that does business in pretty much every state AND canada with a physical presence == taxes or something similar.

And yes, that IS a given. Its federal law here in the states and I am sure it is part of the law in canada.

Again, no offense is intended but this is not apple's fault.

X-Istence said:
except in europe, where tax is included, so that when one counts ones money, you know exactly what you can get with it :p

Another reason Europe is awesome.

X-Istence said:

That's chillin.

However, it's real easy to calculate peeps. All Mafia is saying, is that it should be in the fine print 'sales tax applicable ... or something'

In Canada, if you need to calculate how much you can get for your money, take 10% (move the decimal people). Half that number. Add the half to the whole, done.

ex. 48$ (Canada has 15% tax)
move decimal - 4.8$ 10%
half of it - 2.4$ 5%
addem - you get 7.2$

allin, 55.20$

been doing it for years, just like tying my shoes. :)

Except in Alberta. 7% :p

LOL. fair enough Grandmaster.

That's rel. easy too -

take the 10, and the 1 value.
half the 10, add 2 of the 1s. = 7%

ex 10$ - 10 is 1$, so 5 is 0.50$
1% would be .10 cents - so you pay 70 cents on it. (I picked the easiest, hehe I'm tired.)

You are a real man of genious. :p

ROFL... no no no.

I just got tired of being in the store, and wondering if I have enough to cover the groceries.

Now the majority of your grocery items here in Canada are not taxed at all.

But, some of the 'luxury' items are. So I would always run up the tallies of all those items put together, and I had a rough idea if my scratch in my pocket would cover it.

:) It's budget oriented, not genius material LOL

My previous post may have been sarcasm ;) :p

Grandmaster said:
Another reason Europe is awesome.

Except when you realize that the average European pays about 40% of their annual income to taxes whereas in the US we pay around 25%. The VAT is regularly above 20%, no sales tax is that bad here. So in your analogy, it is better to pay say $120 instead of $108?

j79zlr said:
Except when you realize that the average European pays about 40% of their annual income to taxes whereas in the US we pay around 25%. The VAT is regularly above 20%, no sales tax is that bad here. So in your analogy, it is better to pay say $120 instead of $108?

Way off base. Perhaps read whole thread?

What he's referring to is simply seeing the price, and knowing you have the loot to cover it.

I think Mastershakes covered it well. I was only commenting on the fact that they include the tax in the price. Just calm down a bit...

I quoted the wrong post, I was referring to X's post saying he gets less, I was trying to figure out how he would come to that conclusion considering that the tax is more.

Ah okay. Makes more sense now.

j79zlr said:
I quoted the wrong post, I was referring to X's post saying he gets less, I was trying to figure out how he would come to that conclusion considering that the tax is more.

You might have misunderstood me.

I grab a bunch of stuff, look at how much they cost added up and then find out at the cashier that I don't have the money, as tax gets added afterwards, meaning I have to leave certain items behind.

In europe I can tally all my items up, and know I have enough money without having to consider another tax that gets put on top.

As for the 19% tax, I could care less, considering the fact that in return I get free schooling, even university and whatnot, I get free healthcare, good roads, and other stuff.

If one looks at taxes in the long run, compared to the US, there is not really that big of a difference how many taxes one pays, only different thing is when they are paid.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back